Old May 28th 07, 06:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default TPN-1136A moto power supply schematic

I'm trying to get a copy of the schematic for a Motorla TPN-1136A
power supply. I think it comes out of a MSR or MSF series base
station, but can't confirm.
PDF, jpg or U.S. mail is fine. I can do a little $ for the trouble.
Just visit my domain for contact.
thanks,
Karl Shoemaker, AK2O

http://www.ak2o.org

Old May 28th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

I don't think that PS comes from an MSR or MSF unless Motorola recycled
the part number. I think it is a control station power supply sufficient
for intermittent duty medium power stations. You will probably find a
pair of 3055 type power transistors as the final regulator of this
linear supply.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money" ;-P

Old May 28th 07, 11:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Ed Ed is offline

I'm trying to get a copy of the schematic for a Motorla TPN-1136A
power supply. I think it comes out of a MSR or MSF series base
station, but can't confirm.
PDF, jpg or U.S. mail is fine. I can do a little $ for the trouble.

Yes, the TPN 1136A is a 36A 13V DC power supply for the Motorola
station, MSF5000. There currently is one for sale on Ebay. Can't help
you with the schematic at present. Maybe confirmation of the station it is
for may help you in your search. A station manual for the MSF5000 may have
it. Heck, now that I think about it, I may have a station manual for
that model in storage. Unfortunately I do not have time to get to it for a
month or so. Good luck. If I see you post again in July, I may be able
to help.

Ed K7AAT
Old May 30th 07, 12:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Karl -

A quick examination of the power supply electronic components may reveal the
common "723" regulator chip (originally designed by Fairchild Semiconductor
in the 1970s as the ua723).
Most of the chip reference sites have the data sheet and applications notes,
and the theory and design information you will find there is as true today
as it was when the chip was introduced.
For your education, etc. -- these web pages:
http://www.kbt-dc-supplies.com/

http://www.repeater-builder.com/rbtip/mojoindex.html

Adobe Acrobat article
http://www.repeater-builder.com/astr...on-article.pdf

Several manufacturers have had Astron build supplies for them - for example
a Kenwood KPS-12 is based on the Astron RS-12, the Motorola HPN1007A is an
RS-10 derivative, and the Motorola HPN9041 is an RS20 variant.

w9gb

ups.com...

Old July 18th 07, 06:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Adobe Acrobat articlehttp://www.repeater-builder.com/astron/seits-astron-article.pdf

Several manufacturers have had Astron build supplies for them - for example
a Kenwood KPS-12 is based on the Astron RS-12, the Motorola HPN1007A is an
RS-10 derivative, and the Motorola HPN9041 is an RS20 variant.

w9gb

"Karl" wrote in message

ups.com...

I'm trying to get a copy of the schematic for a Motorla TPN-1136A
power supply. I think it comes out of a MSR or MSF series base
station, but can't confirm.
PDF, jpg or U.S. mail is fine. I can do a little $ for the trouble.
Just visit my domain for contact.
thanks,
Karl Shoemaker, AK2O

http://www.ak2o.org

Thanks for the input-I'm just looking for the OEM schematic. Will keep
checking.