Old December 19th 07, 11:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Any Hy-gain Tailtwister guru's lurking about?

My meter doesn't display direction any more and I'm trying to figure out
where I should be looking--control box or inside rotator. Everything else
works fine; rotator turns; break works; lights light; etc. The fuse inside
the control box was blown. I replaced it--still no meter indication. Anyone
have any ideas?

tnx

Old December 20th 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

"KB3DNZ" wrote in message
My meter doesn't display direction any more and I'm trying to figure out
where I should be looking--control box or inside rotator. Everything else
works fine; rotator turns; break works; lights light; etc. The fuse inside
the control box was blown. I replaced it--still no meter indication.
Anyone have any ideas?

tnx
Well, is the meter open?

W4ZCB

Old December 20th 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

If you mean does it indicate at all: When I turn the contol box on the
needle moves to the extreme right position and then falls back slightly. If
I turn the calibration adjustment the needle moves. It just won't track with
the rotator.

Old December 20th 07, 01:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

"KB3DNZ" wrote in message
If you mean does it indicate at all: When I turn the contol box on the
needle moves to the extreme right position and then falls back slightly.
If I turn the calibration adjustment the needle moves. It just won't track
with the rotator.

Open pot in the rotator or open lead in the cable.

W4ZCB

Old December 20th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
You You is offline

"KB3DNZ" wrote in message
My meter doesn't display direction any more and I'm trying to figure out
where I should be looking--control box or inside rotator. Everything else
works fine; rotator turns; break works; lights light; etc. The fuse
inside the control box was blown. I replaced it--still no meter
indication. Anyone have any ideas?

tnx
Well, is the meter open?

W4ZCB

Open wire, or blown Dashpot up in the rotator.......