Old February 25th 08, 07:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default ICOM IC-22A crystals

I just moved to Tyler, TX and need to re-crystal my
IC-22A's for 147.0 receive and 146.4 transmit. Does
anyone know of a crystal source for these old rigs?
If I order one 18.3 MHz crystal and one 15.144 MHz
crystal from International Crystal, will it work?
My email address is
--
73, Cecil
http://www.w5dxp.com
Old March 1st 08, 04:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

JUST tell ICM the final frequencies (Transmit or Receive) you need and the
Specific Radio ---
they have all of the mixing formulas on file!!!

Greg
w9gb

Old March 1st 08, 05:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
I just moved to Tyler, TX and need to re-crystal my
IC-22A's for 147.0 receive and 146.4 transmit. Does
anyone know of a crystal source for these old rigs?
If I order one 18.3 MHz crystal and one 15.144 MHz
crystal from International Crystal, will it work?
My email address is
--
73, Cecil
http://www.w5dxp.com

I am thinking you need to order the receive crystals in the 45 mhz range.
They may be in the 15 mhz range, but operate on the third overtone.

Old March 1st 08, 05:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

gb wrote:
JUST tell ICM the final frequencies (Transmit or Receive) you need and the
Specific Radio ---
they have all of the mixing formulas on file!!!

I sent them an email and heard nothing.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old March 1st 08, 05:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Ralph Mowery wrote:
I am thinking you need to order the receive crystals in the 45 mhz range.
They may be in the 15 mhz range, but operate on the third overtone.

They specify the frequency as (Frcv - 10.7)/9
Maybe the specified AT cut ensures the correct
third overtone.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Old March 1st 08, 08:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 10:48:15 -0600, gb wrote:
"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
I just moved to Tyler, TX and need to re-crystal my
IC-22A's for 147.0 receive and 146.4 transmit. Does
anyone know of a crystal source for these old rigs?
If I order one 18.3 MHz crystal and one 15.144 MHz
crystal from International Crystal, will it work?
My email address is
--
73, Cecil
http://www.w5dxp.com

JUST tell ICM the final frequencies (Transmit or Receive) you need
and the Specific Radio ---
they have all of the mixing formulas on file!!!

Greg
w9gb

For an IC-22A they would be filed as clay tablets. HI!HI!

(I still have an IC-22A. Makes a good workshop monitor.)
(I even added an extra wafer to the switch and am using a 'progammable'
(tone encoder [replacing its DIP switchs] for various repeater pairs.

73
Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux
*** Killfiling google posts: http://jonz.net/ng.htm
Old March 1st 08, 09:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

JUST tell ICM the final frequencies (Transmit or Receive) you need
and the Specific Radio ---
they have all of the mixing formulas on file!!!

I sent them an email and heard nothing.

Sometimes email gets back-logged.

They DO have an 800 number, 1-800-725-1426
Old March 1st 08, 11:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Cecil Moore wrote:
I just moved to Tyler, TX and need to re-crystal my
IC-22A's for 147.0 receive and 146.4 transmit. Does
anyone know of a crystal source for these old rigs?
If I order one 18.3 MHz crystal and one 15.144 MHz
crystal from International Crystal, will it work?
My email address is

I had one of those radios once. They do have excellent receivers.
--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money" ;-P
Old March 2nd 08, 11:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

gb wrote:
JUST tell ICM the final frequencies (Transmit or Receive) you need and
the Specific Radio ---
they have all of the mixing formulas on file!!!

I sent them an email and heard nothing.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

I always use the telephone !
I order from ICM at least 6 times each year -- friendly staff.

Due to the large volumes of junk mail thesse days --
not as relaible for quick busienss responses.

w9gb

WTB Crystals for ICOM IC-22A Cecil Moore[_2_] Swap 1 February 23rd 08 07:23 PM
Crystals FS Ron Wicker[_2_] Swap 0 February 12th 08 04:31 PM
FTB: FT-241-A Crystals RickaTTic Boatanchors 0 December 11th 06 01:21 PM
FS: Crystals [email protected] Swap 0 March 4th 05 06:52 PM
FS SX-117 Crystals Bob Boatanchors 0 October 17th 03 02:03 PM