Old March 22nd 08, 06:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Looking for 2 Meter Mobil Rig

I'm looking for a 2 Meter mobile rig with the following features:

Will power down automatically when the car ignition is turned off.

Will power up automatically when the car ignition is turned back on.

If in Scan mode when ignition is turned off, will power back up in Scan mode
when the ignition is turned back on.

BTW, this is for an old car that has a discrete ignition line.

Anything out there that will work like this?

--
Bob D. ND9B

Old March 22nd 08, 11:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

The icom 2720H mobile rig works in this manor but it is like most new
rigs....
full of menus has 23 buttons on the handmic and dual speaker output for
external speakers but not enough info to connect them up and icom was
a bunch of Aholes when I ask for a drawing so I could connect the speakers.
Had to take apart the radio to figure out the wiring on a basic function.
the rig is a 2m 440 but I have no idea if the newer 2820 works that way.
Also it was not documented that the 2720 will do full crossband repeat
and in my case the power needs to remain on with the car off so I can
crossband from my handheld through the 2720 to a repeater for a
convenient longer distance contact while outside the car.
Good luck. No particular recommendation. Just letting you know
it is out there. Will continue to scan after being off. But big gripe is
that there is no easy way to set a skip when the scan keeps locking up
on a frequency. Have to wade through menus to get that done and
not practical driving down the road.

good .luck 73 K4TWO Gary

ex Kokomo WB9SMX cheers

. ..