Old January 20th 04, 07:53 PM
Winston

Mark, I will take a look. Thanks.

Robert, I went to Kansas City this morning and picked up a FT-1000
MPMKV. Your fault. LOL

Win/W0LZ

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 04:24:57 GMT, Mark Russo
wrote:

HI, I could be wrong here but what the heck.
My Yaesu FT-102 had the "no receive" problem at one time.
What I found was a tiny "grain of wheat" lamp in the receiver
which acted as a fuse to protect the receiver form spikes coming in.
I changed it and wala, the receive was back.
The TS-930 is of the same vintage as the 102.
Good Luck!!

Winston wrote:

I powered up my old TS-930 S yesterday and there was no RX. TX
operation appears to be normal. It seems that I have lost signal
somewhere between the front end and the detector. I suspect switching
or something in the RF section. I have no meter readings in receive.

For some reason the power supply and final fans are also not running.
I think that I remember that one of those fans would come on at power
up.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Win/W0LZ

Old January 20th 04, 11:37 PM
bunnydawg

My fault? Did you get it for half price. Oh and if you wanted to dispose
of that TS-930 i could help you. I'll even pay shipping lol.
Robert
VE3 something or other still.

Old January 21st 04, 12:09 AM
Winston

No, Robert. I paid full price. Now if I can just save my marrage....
Not sure what I will do with the 930. I am going to try a few more
things to get the receive up. If I could, it would make a good backup.
It really is a good old machine. I will keep you in mind if I decide
to abandon it. Maybe one of those Canidian snow birds down in Texas
could pick it up for you on their way home. LOL My e-mail is
. Drop me an e-mail and let me know your call so I can
figure out where you are. I am in Southern Missouri on Pomme de Terre
Lake. I fish and ham for a living these days.

Win/W0LZ

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 18:37:50 -0500, "bunnydawg"

wrote:

My fault? Did you get it for half price. Oh and if you wanted to dispose
of that TS-930 i could help you. I'll even pay shipping lol.
Robert
VE3 something or other still.
.. .