Old January 18th 04, 11:46 PM
Winston

Default TS-930 s No Receive

I powered up my old TS-930 S yesterday and there was no RX. TX
operation appears to be normal. It seems that I have lost signal
somewhere between the front end and the detector. I suspect switching
or something in the RF section. I have no meter readings in receive.

For some reason the power supply and final fans are also not running.
I think that I remember that one of those fans would come on at power
up.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Win/W0LZ

Old January 19th 04, 01:38 AM
Clif Holland

Does the internal calibrator work?

If so check the RX antenna switch beside the coax connector. It's easy to
switch it when removing or replacing the coax.

Neither fan operates at turn-on, both are temperature controlled.

--
Clif Holland, KA5IPF
AVVid

www.avvid.com

1-800-214-5779
972-870-0630 (local)

Old January 19th 04, 03:12 AM
bunnydawg

You could try a hammer.... a really big hammer lol
Robert
VE3 something or other

Old January 19th 04, 04:38 PM
Winston

Clif, it is not the RX antenna switch. Not sure where the internal
calibrator is? I may be in Plano in the next few months. Not sure at
this time. If so, and this is not resolved, I will give you a call
and see if you think it is worth fixing. Great pics on your web site.
Thanks.

Robert, the big hammer is my second choice. Have a backup and am
going to replace the rig before the next sunspot cycle arrives anyway.
Would replace it now but am afraid the technology would take a light
years jump in the next four years. Now if I could get a 1000d at half
price, or something like that, I would reconsider.

Win/WoLZ www.winlyn.us

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 22:12:49 -0500, "bunnydawg"
wrote:

You could try a hammer.... a really big hammer lol
Robert
VE3 something or other
.. .

Old January 19th 04, 06:01 PM
MR NO SPAM

Heck, you're even too late for the African Santa (Kwanza) and the Russian
Christmas. You do have one hope left before Christmas again... well 2 or 3
maybe. One is the Easter Bunny brings one in your basket OR maybe a birthday
or anniversary - depending on when your birthday is and if you do celebrate
an anniversary! So, there is still "some" hope. MNS.

news