Old February 1st 09, 08:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Looking for dead HP848x RF power sensor

I'm looking for a dead HP848x (e.g. HP8482A or similar) RF power
sensor head to rescue from the trash. All I need is the connector
(the one to the cable to the readout box)--don't care about any of the
rest of it. Anyone?

Cheers,
Tom
Old February 1st 09, 04:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

K7ITM wrote:
I'm looking for a dead HP848x (e.g. HP8482A or similar) RF power
sensor head to rescue from the trash. All I need is the connector
(the one to the cable to the readout box)--don't care about any of the
rest of it. Anyone?

What is that connector? As I recall, this stuff mostly used standard
military-style KPT connectors. If you have a number on it, someone may
have a match.
--scott
Old February 2nd 09, 01:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

--
"C'est un Nagra. *C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

Thanks for the idea, Scott, but no, they have no spline keying. The
locking ring is threaded, with male threads on the plug on the cable.
I suppose I can get a part number, but suspect if I can even find
someplace that will sell me just one, it will be considerably more
than the cost of shipping a dead unit that someone was going to toss
anyway.

Cheers,
Tom
Old February 2nd 09, 01:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

K7ITM wrote:

Thanks for the idea, Scott, but no, they have no spline keying. The
locking ring is threaded, with male threads on the plug on the cable.

Like an A&N connector?

I suppose I can get a part number, but suspect if I can even find
someplace that will sell me just one, it will be considerably more
than the cost of shipping a dead unit that someone was going to toss
anyway.

Could be, or could be someone has a box in their basement.
--scott
Old February 2nd 09, 04:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Feb 1, 5:52*pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
K7ITM wrote:

Thanks for the idea, Scott, but no, they have no spline keying. *The
locking ring is threaded, with male threads on the plug on the cable.

Like an A&N connector?

I suppose I can get a part number, but suspect if I can even find
someplace that will sell me just one, it will be considerably more
than the cost of shipping a dead unit that someone was going to toss
anyway.

Could be, or could be someone has a box in their basement.
--scott
--
"C'est un Nagra. *C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

Well, I'm not familiar with A&N connectors, but I gather A&N deals
pretty exclusively in high vacuum stuff. These connectors aren't
sealed. I'll see if I can come up with a manufacturer and part number
tomorrow.

Doesn't everyone with a basement have a box or two in it? ;-)

Cheers,
Tom