Old March 9th 09, 05:57 PM
Junior Member

Default Palstar R30 series

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if you can give me some advice on tracking down a used Palstar R30, R30C, R30CC. I've been looking at universal radio online and just missed one by a day. I'm guessing they are highly sought after and I'll need some special tactics for this mission. I would appreciate any leads! Cheers!
Old March 10th 09, 02:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

misterbird wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if you can give me some advice on tracking down a used
Palstar R30, R30C, R30CC. I've been looking at universal radio online
and just missed one by a day. I'm guessing they are highly sought
after and I'll need some special tactics for this mission. I would
appreciate any leads! Cheers!

You might try the palstar yahoo group. was one for

sale there a few days ago.

Drifter...
Old March 10th 09, 06:47 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
misterbird wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if you can give me some advice on tracking down a used
Palstar R30, R30C, R30CC. I've been looking at universal radio online
and just missed one by a day. I'm guessing they are highly sought
after and I'll need some special tactics for this mission. I would
appreciate any leads! Cheers!

You might try the palstar yahoo group. was one for

sale there a few days ago.

Drifter...
Thanks for the tip. I'll get on it. I'm new to this whole world and thought that a Palstar might be something easy to start with. But I've been reading some reviews on it and people keep suggesting that it's good for AM and mediumwave but not so much for shortwave. All I'm looking for is a good solid worldband radio that will allow me to listen to remote stations. I won't be doing anything too serious. Is Palstar good for this? I appreciate any advice.
Old March 11th 09, 01:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

misterbird wrote:

-
You might try the palstar yahoo group. was one for

sale there a few days ago.

Drifter...

Thanks for the tip. I'll get on it. I'm new to this whole world and
thought that a Palstar might be something easy to start with. But I've
been reading some reviews on it and people keep suggesting that it's
good for AM and mediumwave but not so much for shortwave. All I'm
looking for is a good solid worldband radio that will allow me to
listen to remote stations. I won't be doing anything too serious. Is
Palstar good for this? I appreciate any advice.

Start he
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1215
Old March 11th 09, 01:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On 2009-03-11, dave wrote:
misterbird wrote:
Drifter;668723 Wrote:
misterbird wrote:-
[...]

The Palstar is a great little radio with few 'bells and whistles'. I
bought one about a year ago after visiting the Palstar factory in nearby
Piqua, Ohio. They had a Drake R-8 and a Lowe HF-225 in their test lab.
I turned the knobs on all of the receivers to compare their performance
using the same antenna. The Palstar did not have the performance of the
Drake, but the selling price is a LOT less. I was considering
purchasing the Lowe, but the Palstar won me over.

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/8...ebac669735bafc

Tom

--
Public Keys:
PGP KeyID = 0x5F22FDC1

Determining Ham-M series 1 or 2 from series 3-5 Rick (W-A-one-R-K-T) Antenna 1 August 27th 07 04:12 PM
Palstar AT Auto FS Sonny Hood Equipment 2 November 22nd 06 07:17 PM
FA : TEN TEC Series 307 Series External Speaker Dan Conti Swap 0 October 6th 05 03:42 AM
Palstar R30 Series Lew Rain Shortwave 6 September 8th 04 07:37 AM
f.s. palstar r30 Murata Lemwnash Equipment 0 April 17th 04 12:07 AM