Old June 16th 04, 04:07 PM
Mike Andrews

Minnie Bannister wrote:
How come in so many newsgroups I keep seeing complaints about alleged
spam messages that I have never seen?

Maybe you're one of those lucky souls whose news provider runs
Cleanfeed.

--
Mike Andrews

Tired old sysadmin
Old June 16th 04, 05:16 PM
R. Scott

Minnie Bannister wrote:

How come in so many newsgroups I keep seeing complaints about alleged
spam messages that I have never seen?

MB

easy, Your on Supernews. The admins there are AONE Top notch, they kill
USNET spam on contact pretty much.

--
Rick N7HJ
Everett, Washington

Old June 17th 04, 09:56 AM
Zoran Dimitrijevic

I known this.
Much spams is closed for my...
But I not have scare, becouse this outlast 2 year.
Thanks...

Old June 17th 04, 06:26 PM

R. Scott,

Looking at the Supernews website I see that they offer their service
to ISP's. How would one find out if their ISP uses them? I don't see
much spam, but I haven't been active here for long. As you can tell
from my e-mail address I use Charter, but the notvalid is because I
don't use that e-mail account. I use my University account which has
descent spam filters. (I know that Supernews doesn't do e-mail, I was
just curious)

Carey

KI4DVI