Old September 23rd 04, 04:21 PM
NO SPAM

"moth ." wrote in message
Just to add to this, I plugged in the toaster, the microwave oven and
several other appliances and the only thing that caused the socket to
buzz when I key the HT is the hair dryer which is on OFF (but not
reset). When I pushed the reset button with the hair dryer still off,
the socket didn't buzz. I would like to understand exactly what
internally in the socket is causing that buzz which is extremely loud.
Does anyone know? Thanks for your responses to my thread.

I defer to the "expert" - can hardly wait to hear the rest of the story. Go
ahead Andrew! Lets hear it........

NS

Old September 24th 04, 02:39 AM
Andrew VK3BFA

"NO SPAM" wrote in message erio.net...
"moth ." wrote in message
Just to add to this, I plugged in the toaster, the microwave oven and
several other appliances and the only thing that caused the socket to
buzz when I key the HT is the hair dryer which is on OFF (but not
reset). When I pushed the reset button with the hair dryer still off,
the socket didn't buzz. I would like to understand exactly what
internally in the socket is causing that buzz which is extremely loud.
Does anyone know? Thanks for your responses to my thread.

I defer to the "expert" - can hardly wait to hear the rest of the story. Go
ahead Andrew! Lets hear it........

NS

What the F**** are you raving on about - all I suggested was simple,
basic observational fault finding would be a good place to start - if
you want to make it complicated, then you are not doing this sort of
thing to make a living!
Andrew VK3BFA

Old September 24th 04, 03:13 AM
NO SPAM

"Andrew VK3BFA" wrote in message
m...
"NO SPAM" wrote in message

erio.net...
"moth ." wrote in message
[...]

You didn't tell the man what he wants to know about the rest of it, so since
you have all the freaking knowledge, let's hear it! If it is so freaking
simple that he could "look" at it, then how come he needs to ask? SO, GUIDE
HIM, HELP HIM "SEE" IT. Don't answer me, help the man!

As for my experience and income ability, it's none of your business. Has
nothing to do with this post. Hams who are not EMPLOYED in electronics
fields often have more RF experience than some 2 way radio techs out there
who deal with it FOR a living. I'm just saying NOT ALL is so simple as to
"JUST" look at it.

NS

Old September 24th 04, 03:04 PM
Andrew VK3BFA

[...]

Oh, sorry. Well, - first, check if anything is plugged into the
socket. (Very important - stops spawning of silly theories from
newsgroups participants) See if noise vanishes when object removed. If
it does, then socket not faulty and radio problem solved. Go to
Alt.Electronics.Hairdryers and post hairdryer fault question so
hairdryer experts can offer plausible explanation.

As for my experience and income ability, it's none of your business. Has
nothing to do with this post. Hams who are not EMPLOYED in electronics
fields often have more RF experience than some 2 way radio techs out there
who deal with it FOR a living.I'm just saying NOT ALL is so simple as to
"JUST" look at it.

Certainly, "not all" is simple - thats why we have people studying
quantum mechanics. And one of the things you learn very early in
electronics (or , indeed, any other field) is that a rocket science
approach is usually not necessary - try the simple things first.

As for the reason the hairdryer was making buzzing noises - who
cares....... but if you are REALLY, REALLY interested and have lots of
time on your hands, nothing more meaningful do do with your life, then
there are countless ways you can hypothesise(sp) but until you get
your hands on the actual hairdryer they are just that, idle
speculation. And really, if there wasnt a single working hairdryer on
the planet, would it bother you all that much?

And my remarks were addressed to you - I was asking you to question
your own problem solving methodology (in case you hadnt noticed, the
problem HAD been solved ages ago).

Anything else you want to get ****ty about?

de VK3BFA Andrew.

Strange Radio Event - 22/24 October 2004 IZ7AUH Francesco GIACOIA Dx 0 September 10th 04 09:12 AM
Strange Radio Event - 22/24 October 2004 IZ7AUH Francesco GIACOIA Dx 0 September 10th 04 09:12 AM
TS-940 strange problem Don Equipment 4 February 12th 04 03:12 AM
TS-940 strange problem Don Equipment 0 February 9th 04 06:01 PM
National NCX-5 transmit/receive offset problem Chris Equipment 2 July 19th 03 02:57 AM