Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 30th 12, 04:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default TM-742 on 70 MHz

I am interested in the 70 MHz band that is currently authorized in some
European countries. I understand the frequency is no longer used by the
U.S. television system, so it could be authorized here in the future as
well.

According to an article on how to modify the Kenwood TM-742, the 50 MHz
module can tune to about 90 MHz. Is anyone actually using one on the 70
MHz band? Is it necessary to realign the module, or does it work as-is?

Fred
K4DII