Old October 12th 04, 12:03 AM
Dick

The point is you don't need an HF SWR meter because you already have
one. That alone should be very instructional. Antenna tuners aren't
very useful for mobile use either. Use an antenna that covers the
area of interest, or use a screwdriver or automatic tuner and whip.
You have enough to do operating mobile without having to fiddle with
an antenna tuner.

Dick - W6CCD

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 15:05:16 -0400, "Mad Dog" wrote:

Thanx for correcting me......if nothing else.

Old October 12th 04, 06:46 AM
Bob M.

"Dick" LeadWinger wrote in message
The point is you don't need an HF SWR meter because you already have
one. That alone should be very instructional. Antenna tuners aren't
very useful for mobile use either. Use an antenna that covers the
area of interest, or use a screwdriver or automatic tuner and whip.
You have enough to do operating mobile without having to fiddle with
an antenna tuner.

Dick - W6CCD

If he gets a screwdriver antenna, he should also get the "ASAC" automatic
screwdriver antenna controller from Am-Com but Am-Com is out of business
now. Good luck finding one. This ASAC controls the antenna motor and does
the hunting for proper SWR while you are driving. I had one hooked up to my
706, worked great. No it is not for sale.

Old October 12th 04, 02:57 PM
Dick

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 23:46:32 -0600, "Bob M." wrote:

"Dick" LeadWinger wrote in message
.. .
The point is you don't need an HF SWR meter because you already have
one. That alone should be very instructional. Antenna tuners aren't
very useful for mobile use either. Use an antenna that covers the
area of interest, or use a screwdriver or automatic tuner and whip.
You have enough to do operating mobile without having to fiddle with
an antenna tuner.

Dick - W6CCD

If he gets a screwdriver antenna, he should also get the "ASAC" automatic
screwdriver antenna controller from Am-Com but Am-Com is out of business
now. Good luck finding one. This ASAC controls the antenna motor and does
the hunting for proper SWR while you are driving. I had one hooked up to my
706, worked great. No it is not for sale.

Am-Com may be out of business, but you can still get a screwdriver
automatic controller from
http://www.superantennas.com/___Prod...ontroller.html
Or a manual controller with digital readout is available from MFJ.

Dick - W6CCD

Old October 12th 04, 04:44 PM
Twelve VDC

Subject: SWR meter and tuner for mobile HF

I am using a 706 MKIIG in the truck and i would value your opinions on the
most practical SWR meter and antenna tuner for use on 1.8-30Mhz

Why don't you consider the ICOM AH-4 tuner and companion AH-2B mobile whip.
They were designed to work with your rig and have received great reviews. See
he
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1071

SWR meter kaput? Thomas Antenna 5 August 13th 04 06:44 PM
FA: $9.99 MURA CBT-35 SWR/POWER METER w/built-in TUNER RLucch2098 Equipment 0 August 10th 04 02:33 PM
FA: $9.99 MURA CBT-35 SWR/POWER METER w/built-in TUNER RLucch2098 Equipment 0 August 10th 04 02:33 PM
FA: $9.99 MURA CBT-35 SWR/POWER METER w/built-in TUNER RLucch2098 Equipment 0 August 10th 04 02:33 PM
FA: MFJ 949E Deluxe Versa Tuner II Dual Meter Antenna Tuner Joel Levine and Barbara Pickell Boatanchors 0 March 1st 04 01:41 AM