Old May 16th 13, 12:53 AM
Junior Member

Unhappy Yaesu FT2600M problem

I have a Yaesu FT200M which I have installed in my truck for the purpose of transmitting an APRS signal on 144.390. Each time I set the radio on this frequency, turn the radio off and then back on, the frequency changes to 144.385. Turn it off and on again and it tunes to 144.380, etc., etc.

Anyone have any idea how to turn this "feature" off so the radio stays on 144.390 when I turn it on and then off? I've read through the manual but don't see anything.

Thanks.
Old May 17th 13, 06:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Yaesu FT2600M problem

On Thu, 16 May 2013, Tom Dean wrote:

I have a Yaesu FT200M which I have installed in my truck for the purpose
of transmitting an APRS signal on 144.390. Each time I set the radio on
this frequency, turn the radio off and then back on, the frequency
changes to 144.385. Turn it off and on again and it tunes to 144.380,
etc., etc.

Anyone have any idea how to turn this "feature" off so the radio stays
on 144.390 when I turn it on and then off? I've read through the manual
but don't see anything.

Tom, I suspect that there might be a cabling issue that is causing the
radio to erroneously register a push of the "down" button on the
microphone (if that model is so equipped). I ran into a similar issue
with an FT-2800M a few years ago; that model in particular was also
susceptible to erratic behavior from RF coming in through the microphone
line.

I guess the best place to start would be to disconnect your APRS interface
and see if the problem persists. If it goes away with the interface
disconnected, it could be a cabling issue.

Steve
KG4PEQ

Old May 17th 13, 07:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

In article ,
Tom Dean wrote:

I have a Yaesu FT200M which I have installed in my truck for the purpose
of transmitting an APRS signal on 144.390. Each time I set the radio on
this frequency, turn the radio off and then back on, the frequency
changes to 144.385. Turn it off and on again and it tunes to 144.380,
etc., etc.

Tom-

I suggest you use a memory channel preset to 144.390. If memory
channels are tunable, look for a setting to turn that feature off.

It is possible your frequency adjust knob is set right at the point
where it changes frequency. This could be purely random, or could be
due to a defective rotary encoder.

Another possibility might be that the radio has a CMOS battery that is
getting weak.

Fred
K4DII

Yaesu FT-301 problem Mike VE3MKX Swap 1 October 16th 07 05:47 AM
For Sale Yaesu FT2600M [email protected] Swap 0 March 19th 06 08:07 PM
Yaesu Vx-7R firmware problem??? Bewlay51 Equipment 0 December 18th 05 11:35 AM
Yaesu FT-707 problem Krzysztof Homebrew 0 January 25th 05 03:35 PM
Yaesu 847 problem Phil X Scanner 1 September 12th 04 03:13 PM