Old December 10th 04, 10:02 AM
Zorpetus

Thank you for the tip!
This would be my first trip to Vegas, so I would like to use
opportunity to buy some nice equipment there :-)

Old December 10th 04, 10:02 AM
Zorpetus

Old December 10th 04, 10:02 AM
Zorpetus

Old December 11th 04, 01:57 AM
Bob

Try FRY'S ELECTRONICS.

They're just a few minutes south of the strip, on the west side of Las
Vegas Blvd, about 3 or 4 minuted south of the "Welcome to Las Vegas"
sign. You can spend a few hours in there. Nice computer dept. Nice
component dept. Nice gadget dept. And all the consumer electronics you
could spend money on. I don't think they have any ham radios, but GPS,
FRS, and plethora of other techno goodies are there for the fondling!

Their URL is: www.frys.com

but it's no reflection at all on their retail setup, you have to go
there. I was in Vegas for a week and went 3x, just kept buying up goodies.

As for AES in Las Vegas, sure they might have everything, but most of it
is not in sight, it's *almost* all behind the counter and in boxes.
There is a limited selection of toys to be seen on display, and even
fewer toys you can put your hands on. I was there a couple of times, but
it's not a place to spend much time browsing. You pretty much have to
know what yo want to ask for before you get there.

Have fun in the land of broken dreams!

Zorpetus wrote:

Could someone recommend me some good consumer electronics (ham radio,
GPS, receivers, RF electronics, bug detectors etc.) shop in Las Vegas?
Any info (URL) is very appreciated.

Old December 11th 04, 02:59 AM
Bob Miller

On 10 Dec 2004 02:00:44 -0800, "Zorpetus" wrote:

Hey man you got one of the biggest branches of AES right there
in your backyard. I only been to Vegas once and spent half a
day at that AES branch getting goodies like my HEIL headset with

Thank you for the tip!
This would be my first trip to Vegas, so I would like to use
opportunity to buy some nice equipment there :-)

I'd suggest you go buy the equipment before you go to the nice gaming
tables...

Bob
k5qwg

Old December 11th 04, 05:06 PM
Zorpetus

Thank you very much for your tip!

I saw their on-line retail chain (outpost.com) and I'll try to get some
idea about products and prices there.