Old December 26th 04, 05:40 AM
Ed

Default Vanity callsign question

The excellent web site at: http://www.vanityhq.com is no longer
supported, and the domain will be terminated soon.

Can anyone point to an alternative site for this information?

Thanks

Ed K7AAT

Old December 26th 04, 01:14 PM
Glenn

"Ed" wrote in message
. 93.175...
The excellent web site at: http://www.vanityhq.com is no longer
supported, and the domain will be terminated soon.
Can anyone point to an alternative site for this information?
Thanks
Ed K7AAT

Give this site a try: Sunnyvale VEC http://www.amateur-radio.org/vanity.htm

73 de Glenn AA5PK

Old December 26th 04, 04:06 PM
Bob Miller

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 05:40:32 GMT, Ed
wrote:

The excellent web site at: http://www.vanityhq.com is no longer
supported, and the domain will be terminated soon.

Can anyone point to an alternative site for this information?

Thanks

Ed K7AAT

Easiest thing is to just go to the FCC web site. They have a toll-free
number you can call to get info/forms for a call sign change. When I
called them, I left my mailing info on voice mail, and about two days
later I had an envelope in my mailbox with about 60 pages of stuff for
updating my call sign.

(You need FCC Form 605, Schedule D, the Vanity Call Sign Request.)

bob
k5qwg

Old December 26th 04, 04:35 PM
Left Coast

Try URL:
http://www.amateur-radio.org/vanity.htm
Updated Nov 27

And you can use these to see if a callsign is used

Ham Data at URL:
http://www.hamdata.com/

QRZ
http://www.qrz.com/directory.cgi