Old February 25th 15, 11:13 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default What is the point of digital voice?

On 25/02/15 10:39, gareth wrote:
"rickman" wrote in message

I thought it might be that, but it still makes no sense to me. Who or how
does changing the direction of rotation of a rotating vector change its
"size". Are you defining size as the rotation so that going from a + to
a - is like reversing the direction of a vector? I think most people
would consider the "size" of a vector to be the magnitude which is
independent of phase angle and so rotation, no?

Perhaps you can explain this with a little math?

Not my gibberish, refer to the original posting ...

Old February 25th 15, 11:14 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

"Brian Reay" wrote in message

That is a major part of his problem. He just isn't up to the level of
technical stuff he aspires to, in fact he has glaring gaps in even the
basics.
Rather than try and learn, he tries to bluff that he knows far more than
he does. When he is shown to be a charlatan, he turns to abuse. Even that
is predictable in the path it will take, including his most extreme steps.
As you say, he is best ignored, although some of his whacky theories have
given me a good laugh from time to time.

Well, Brian, it is actually you above who is resorting to abuse as your
contribution
to what was a technical discussion.

What is it that makes you want to come across as a complete fool by
blurting out silly infantile remarks in an international forum?

Shame on you.

[...]

Well, brian, once again you resort to personal abuse which is not
recommended
for giving the impression that you are a competent engineering grownup
engaging
in an international debate.

You are correct in that you point out that I trimmed the post, and I did so
to limit
it to answer the question that was posed by Rickman

There was nothing in Rickman's query about negative frequency so I do not
see what it is that you are setting out to achieve by introducing that
non-sequitur
of a red herring?

[...]

You been shot down again.

You are hurling abuse, as you always do.

Only you thinks otherwise.

Everyone else is laughing at you.

Old February 25th 15, 11:31 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
He struggled with the idea that, as the phasor rotated, the angle became
more negative, and thus decreased. eg -20 -10

Brian, is there some truth in G7FUJ, Cum's assertion that you were
dismissed without references from your job as a mathematics teacher,
for your confusion about a change in direction of a phasor as you
express above would be very worrying?

When you say "more", in "more negative" above, you are saying
that the magnitude of the angle is increasing

There seems to be a fundamental problem in your grasp of the direction
of vectors, because there is nothing beween clockwise and anti-clockwise,
left and right, up and down, or, in this case, negative and positive, for
they
are merely words used to disnmbiguate the direction of the vector.

Brian, why don't you just give up whilst you are still behind?

Old February 25th 15, 11:34 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

"Brian Reay" wrote in message

You been shot down again.
You are hurling abuse, as you always do.
Only you thinks otherwise.
Everyone else is laughing at you.

Well, brian, once again I re-iterate that it is only you who
is hurling abuse, just as you do above.

Shame on you.

Why do you behave like that when it is you who has repeatedly-ad-nauseam
raised the spectre of DSP mathematics over the past week; why resort to
rather
silly and infantile abuse; why not discuss the technical matter that you
have
raised over and over again?

Why resort to abuse when you have been challenged, for despite what you
say, I do not?

Old February 25th 15, 11:37 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

"gareth" wrote in message

We should not forget that he who sneers loud and long about others' grasp
of
the mathematics of DSP maintains that changing the direction of a rotating
vector
(A Phasor, and not related to the weapons of Star Trek!) causes it to
decrease in sixe.

Interesting that I mentioned no names but someone appeared in the NG to
sneer long and loud!

[...]

That Gareth is still stewing over the correction you gave him 11 years ago
underlines his mental instability.

--
STC // M0TEY // twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Old February 25th 15, 11:40 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

As you say, he is best ignored, although some of his whacky theories
have given me a good laugh from time to time.

laughing at others would appear to be your speciality.......

Old February 25th 15, 11:42 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Brian Reay's abusive blustering?

"gareth" wrote in message
"Brian Reay" wrote in message
After all, if they haven't understood say, super regeneration, after 40
years, what hope is there for their understanding, say, DSP?

Put your money where your (big) mouth is and explain to all why a
super-regenerative receiver will not resolve CW or SSB, when the
oscilation, although quenched, is effectively amplitude modulated
by the quenching?

For those who might have missed it, quoted above is reay's attempt
"to stir up trouble and create a row" by being the first to discuss DSP.

However, the point of my challenge above was to lay to rest (yet another???)
of reay's infantile sneers when it seems that he has no answer and is hoist
by
his own petard because he hasn't "understood say, super regeneration, after
40
years"

(And he has had more than enough time to google for the answer and get it
wrong, just as he did with the BC221 frequency meter)

Attempted Internet Harassment Turns To Entertainment -what-about-WiFi Antennas for Solid Point-to-Point ? RHF Shortwave 1 October 10th 10 05:23 PM
iBiquity Digital's Make-or-Break Point Approaches ! [email protected] Shortwave 0 August 1st 06 01:44 PM
Is anyone using DRM on shortwave as a 'point to point audio feeder', as opposed to (companded) SSB as is customary...? Max Power Shortwave 1 January 18th 06 04:45 AM
Digital Voice Sked? N2RLL Digital 0 November 13th 03 11:28 PM
Digital voice for HF - Bandplan charlesb Digital 8 November 5th 03 03:52 AM