Old January 11th 05, 08:59 PM
jimbo

Default Advice on 2 Meter Mobile

My 10 year old Kenwood TM-241A mobile seems to have quit transmitting
the PL tone, or it doesn't transmit the tone indicated. Works fine on
simplex and receives OK via repeater, but I cannot get a signal through
a repeater.

Anyway, it is probably not worth the cost of repair, so I am in the
market for a new 2 meter mobile. Does anyone have any advice? Either
good or bad experience with a current model. I have heard that the
Kenwood TM-271A has had problems. Any confirmation? How about the Icom
2100H?

Thanks, jimbo

Old January 11th 05, 09:14 PM
danjr

Anyway, it is probably not worth the cost of repair, so
I am in the market for a new 2 meter mobile. Does
anyone have any advice? Either good or bad experience
with a current model. I have heard that the Kenwood
TM-271A has had problems. Any confirmation? How
about the Icom 2100H?

The Kenwood 261A was a nice successor to the 241 ... I owned both of them.
Never owned a 271A, but it looks a lot like the Yaesu FT-2600, which I own.
A lot of similar features I hear.

Yaesu has a nice line of mobiles ... and if you are looking at mono-band
only, look at the FT-2800M. A fine radio.

Dan

Old January 11th 05, 10:55 PM
Patrick

My Icom 2100H could be run over with a truck and it
would still work!

Patrick
W4PHM

ups.com...

Old January 24th 05, 02:04 PM
jimbo

Pete KE9OA wrote:
How is that HRO500 doing? Did you get it running?

Pete

Say what? You must have me confused with someone else.

jimbo