Old November 8th 20, 03:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default [K0NR] How About Parks On The Air?

Post : How About Parks On The Air?
Author : Bob K0NR
Categories : POTA

https://www.k0nr.com/wordpress/wp-co...go-300x300.png
(
https://www.k0nr.com/wordpress/wp-co...award-logo.png
) Recently, I gave a presentation to the ARROW radio club ( https://w8rp.org/
) in Ann Arbor, MI on the topic of "Having Fun With VHF". I've given this
talk several times now, highlighting some of the topics in my book, VHF,
Summits and Mo Having Fun With Ham Radio ( https://amzn.to/34sU4W6 ) .
When I discussed my Summits On The Air ( https://www.sota.org.uk/ ) (SOTA)
activities, Thom/W8TAM mentioned that Parks On The Air (
https://parksontheair.com/ ) (POTA) was probably a better fit for Michigan.
(There are SOTA summits in Michigan but most of them are in the upper
peninsula or the northern part of the lower peninsula.) This got me thinking
about POTA and I followed up with Thom via email a few days later to get a
bit more information.

[...]