Old April 17th 05, 06:13 PM

Default cigarette smoke out of electronic's

i bought a nice kenwood vfo 230 and it smell's so strong of cigarette
smoke it is sicking it is outside any good idea's how to get it
smelling good agn thanks del k9fcm

Old April 17th 05, 07:44 PM
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee

In article .com,
says...

i bought a nice kenwood vfo 230 and it smell's so strong of cigarette
smoke it is sicking it is outside any good idea's how to get it
smelling good agn thanks del k9fcm

I have a few spelling nitpicks before I suggest something.

'i bought' should have been 'I bought' (uppercase when referring
to yourself).

'kenwood' should also be uppercased as 'Kenwood' since it's being
used as a proper name.

"smell's" should be typed as 'smells,' and the same with 'ideas'
instead of "idea's."

Finally, you seem to have an aversion to the use of periods.

Now, with all that out of the way... A good way to get rid of
smoker stench is through the use of a citrus-based household cleaner,
such as that found in hardware stores.

There are a couple of caveats to use of the stuff. First, it will
eat some types of plastic for breakfast. If you're going to try it on
plastic, try a small amount on a small and inconspicuous area first.

Second: No matter what you use it on, it would be a Good Thing to
go over the surface(s) cleaned with a water-dampened cloth after hitting
it with the solvent. That should neutralize any potential for long-term
finish damage.

Happy cleaning.

kyrrin (a/t) bluefeathertech[d=o=t]calm --
www.bluefeathertech.com
with surreal ports?"
Old April 17th 05, 09:31 PM
Team Hendricks

"Dr. Anton T. Squeegee" wrote in message
In article .com,
says...

I have a few spelling nitpicks before I suggest something.

Jesus Christ, get over yourself.
The man asked for help not a damn English lesson.

Old April 17th 05, 10:20 PM
Mr Fed UP

wheeew**** dont inkurage him
someone with thier head that far up there assss cant possibly give any gud
advice on anythin that smell's

LOL

Old April 18th 05, 12:08 AM
atec

Dr. Anton T. Squeegee wrote:

I have a few spelling nitpicks before I suggest something.

Bridge build get over it , damn you must have one big broom handle
up your tail pipe .
Old April 18th 05, 12:13 AM
Fred Finklemister

In article ,
"Team Hendricks" wrote:

"Dr. Anton T. Squeegee" wrote in message
In article .com,
says...

I have a few spelling nitpicks before I suggest something.

Jesus Christ, get over yourself.
The man asked for help not a damn English lesson.

What is wrong with a little english and punctuation lesson. Learning
never hurt anyone, or did it?
Old April 18th 05, 12:36 AM
Ken Taylor

wrote in message
oups.com...
i bought a nice kenwood vfo 230 and it smell's so strong of cigarette
smoke it is sicking it is outside any good idea's how to get it
smelling good agn thanks del k9fcm

If it has fan filters they may require cleaning/replacing.

Ken

Old April 18th 05, 01:52 AM
bob

I have had fantastic success de-stenching kit simply by locking it in a
small room with a good ozonator on full output for a week.

Even the microphone, when hung a few inches in front of the output
breeze directly in the stream, is rendered completely odorless.

Good luck!