Old May 25th 05, 01:50 PM
Bob Miller

Default Dayton -- new stuff?

Any neat new radios or accessories announced at Dayton?

bob
k5qwg

Old May 25th 05, 02:10 PM
Harold E. Johnson

Any neat new radios or accessories announced at Dayton?

bob
k5qwg

No, but the $25 entrance fee was new to me, as was the $10 shuttle ride.
Haven't been there in a few years, but I asked the management to kiss me
goodbye this time, since I don't intend to get raped twice. Would estimate
that attendance is down 30-40 percent from Dayton's hey day. Still the
biggest, but plenty of room both indoors and outdoors. If the League hadn't
taken an entire wing of the inside, there would have been an echo in there.
Another year or so of this and Shelby will be the king of the hill and
Dayton will be a memory.

W4ZCB

Old May 25th 05, 03:12 PM
Rick Scott

Harold E. Johnson wrote:
Any neat new radios or accessories announced at Dayton?

bob
k5qwg

No, but the $25 entrance fee was new to me, as was the $10 shuttle ride.
Haven't been there in a few years, but I asked the management to kiss me
goodbye this time, since I don't intend to get raped twice. Would estimate
that attendance is down 30-40 percent from Dayton's hey day. Still the
biggest, but plenty of room both indoors and outdoors. If the League hadn't
taken an entire wing of the inside, there would have been an echo in there.
Another year or so of this and Shelby will be the king of the hill and
Dayton will be a memory.

W4ZCB

Never been to Dayton during the ham fest (was there Oct couple years ago
for another convention) and I would have liked to see it in its heyday,
but alas it sounds depressing now.

I used to attend the HOSS TRADERS hamfest in New Hampshire years ago
when I was stationed in Maine. It was HUGE and covered almost all of the
facility they rented (some kind of Fairgrounds).

Alas here in Washington State Ive yet to find one even close to either
of these

Scotty N7HJ
Old May 25th 05, 05:58 PM
Mr Fed UP

Here Here.... a few years ago I waved my hiney bye bye to Dayton.
With the $100 or so I would have spent for tickets food parking drinks and
other items
long before making any purchases. I have bought many items radios test
equipment etc from ebay
and other sites.
The last time I was there they even charged the handicap $8 to park. And it
wasn't even close to the
doors.

Anyhow I still wave it around that weekend so they can blow it a kiss when
they run out of visitors.

DE WB9SMX 73
bye bye yall

Old May 26th 05, 12:04 AM
K9VUJ

In article AP_ke.7253$Is4.5537@attbi_s21,
"Harold E. Johnson" wrote:

Any neat new radios or accessories announced at Dayton?

bob
k5qwg

No, but the $25 entrance fee was new to me, as was the $10 shuttle ride.
Haven't been there in a few years, but I asked the management to kiss me
goodbye this time, since I don't intend to get raped twice. Would estimate
that attendance is down 30-40 percent from Dayton's hey day. Still the
biggest, but plenty of room both indoors and outdoors. If the League hadn't
taken an entire wing of the inside, there would have been an echo in there.
Another year or so of this and Shelby will be the king of the hill and
Dayton will be a memory.

W4ZCB

What's the Shelby?

I've never been to Dayton, but your report don't sound like it's
something on my schedule. Where and when is Shelby?

dj

--
email:

Old May 26th 05, 12:50 AM
Harold E. Johnson

What's the Shelby?

I've never been to Dayton, but your report don't sound like it's
something on my schedule. Where and when is Shelby?

dj

30 miles west of Charlotte NC, Labor day weekend.

W4ZCB

Old May 26th 05, 01:06 AM
K9VUJ

In article Pa8le.6708$g66.1828@attbi_s71,
"Harold E. Johnson" wrote:

What's the Shelby?

I've never been to Dayton, but your report don't sound like it's
something on my schedule. Where and when is Shelby?

dj

30 miles west of Charlotte NC, Labor day weekend.

W4ZCB

sounds like a place I'd like to be on Labor day.

--
email:
Old May 26th 05, 01:23 AM
Ralph Mowery

http://www.shelbyhamfest.org/hamfest.htm

Old May 26th 05, 09:11 AM
K9VUJ

In article . net,
"Ralph Mowery" wrote:

What's the Shelby?

I've never been to Dayton, but your report don't sound like it's
something on my schedule. Where and when is Shelby?

http://www.shelbyhamfest.org/hamfest.htm

You have some great rules, this is one I really like:

"One thing we don't allow at the Shelby Hamfest is long winded speeches."

Sounds like a fun place to be on Labor day weekend.

dale

--
email:
Old May 27th 05, 06:08 AM
N9NWO

"Bob Miller" wrote in message
Any neat new radios or accessories announced at Dayton?

bob
k5qwg

ICOM announced the replacement for the IC-706, the IC-7000.

For one thing, it has 500 memory channels.