Old July 8th 03, 03:24 AM
laborkei

Default Dayton hamvention's new requirements for 2004

I would like to here more about this D-Official trying to take someone's
digital camera.
I have been going to Dayton for a few years, and I take a lot of pictures
with no problems.
The Hamvention website always puts a link on its website to mine, so I don't
understand this.
Sure sounds like they are shooting themselves in the foot.
I hope to see some of you at Shelby, NC.. That is the Hamfest to attend now
a days.
Not sure if I am going to go back to Dayton after this year.
I found it better to purchase items on the Internet and have them shipped vs
the prices
the dealers had to charge and carry it home.

73's

Keith, K4KAL

"G.p.G. (DSL#5)" wrote in message
Ted:

It was in last years (2003), "Outside Vendor's Contract too.
I was prepared since I own my own business and carry general
liability insurance anyway. I brought a copy of my certificate
of insurance to my space #3256.5 & 3257, at this years
Dayton Hamvention. NO D-Officials ever asked me for it. In
fact the only thing that any Dayton Official has ever bothered
me about in the past 15+ years of attending the Hamvention,
happen at this years event.

A suppose Hamvention official was questioning my use (and
other attendees uses) of taking pictures within the Hamvention's
grounds. This D-Official, tried to confiscate another attendees
D-Camera and film card, and than gave me a hard time when
I stepped up to this persons defense saying that this D-Official
was; WAY-OUT-OF-LINE, and was over stepping his authority.

I was surprised when I received next years Hamvention vendor
packet in the mail, and it didn't have a clause, FORBIDDING any
type of photography from being taken in or around the Dayton
Hamvention areas.

This clause for a "million dollar harmless policy" requirement was

probably

a Hara Arena requirement. And they (Hamvention officials) will probably
never bother checking anyone for it (unless of course they needed a reason
to kick a vendor off the grounds), but are required to include it in their
contract for legal purposes.

If the Hamvention doesn't have enough problems these days, without
them lawyers and local politicians adding to the mix. I guess this is

expected

when something becomes way to successful, especially in a place like
Trotwood, Oh. (NO WHERE VILE, USA). Well they're just screwing
themselves (the Politicians and the Lawyers). When one day soon, the
Dayton Hamvention ups and dies, so will all that money we pump into
this depressed area every year. Than those Lawyers and Politicians
will have to turn to the poor locals, to recoup this financial lost.

Gregory (K9OY)
Brookfield, Il. 60513

Ted Hartson WAQ8ULG wrote:

Did anybody notice that an outside vendor (read: flea market) must have

million dollar old harmless policy that names the hamfest as an insured

and
a certificate is required of the insurance company that the must

approve.
Excuse me, but after 40 years of going to Dayton it seems to me that

they
may be blowing a fuse... Ted Hartson WA8ULG

This information comes for the Contract for Outside Vendors that they

are
currently circulating for 2004 early registration. TH