Old July 8th 05, 10:51 PM
Joseph Fenn

Default Azden/PCS4000 Mem storage battery

Does anyone here know what size and type of battery is needed
to replace the one that keeps the freqcs stored (even when power is off)?
I mean in the PCS4000 model. Is it nicad/lithium or what?
Before I open it up wanna have a replacement in hand.
Joe/KH6JF

* Ham KH6JF AARS/MARS ABM6JF QCWA WW2 VET WD RADIO SYSTEM*
* Army MARS PRECEDED by AARS (Army Amateur Radio System) *

Old July 9th 05, 12:23 AM
Allodoxaphobia

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 11:51:29 -1000, Joseph Fenn wrote:
Does anyone here know what size and type of battery is needed
to replace the one that keeps the freqcs stored (even when power is off)?
I mean in the PCS4000 model. Is it nicad/lithium or what?
Before I open it up wanna have a replacement in hand.
Joe/KH6JF

Joe

A quick interaction with google:

"http://www.the-battery-store.com/Azden Two-Way Radio.htm"

(Idiots that put spaces in URL's....... sigh....)

Pretty much the same battery (3.6V NiCad) that you can find for
cordless phones -- found in blister packs at (yeech) Radio Shack,
(YEECH!) WalMart (the "Made in China Store"), and others.

73
Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux
Pueblo, Colorado | @ | Jonesy | OS/2 __
Old July 9th 05, 10:06 PM
Joseph Fenn

Ok thanks Jonesy. I have one of those never used before.
Will open it up and see of physical size is okay.
Joe