Old July 16th 05, 11:49 PM
Charlie

Hi Cecil,
Here is the link (again) to the "bona fide" - A F T E R - photo just today.

But ..I can hear it already.."You already repaired the damage!"

1. http://deepsouthnet.net/images/100_5512.jpg

--

Charlie
Deep South 2 Meter SSB Net

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Charlie wrote:
What will it take to satisfy you folks?

Probably a bona fide after photo.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Newsgroups
=----

Old July 17th 05, 01:17 AM
Dick

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 16:24:01 -0500, "Charlie" wrote:

Hi Larry,
I intentionally posted the very same identical mage twice since there was
no damage and no change in the image even had I taken one after the storm
cleared. There was no damage here at all to the station in any way.

I think the problem was that the thread was titled, AD5TH Tower -
Storm Damage Photos. So naturally we all assumed that there was storm
damage and you were going to show us the damage in the picture.
Apparently, you were trying to show something entirely different.
That the storm DIDN'T damage the tower. Perhaps you should have
titled it, "AD5TH Tower Escapes Storm Damage Photos." It would have
been easier to understand what you were trying to convey, and none of
these negative comments would have been triggered. Glad everything is
OK.

Dick - W6CCD

Old July 17th 05, 01:48 AM
Ed

"Charlie" wrote in :

TY Ed....President Bush has authorized emergency disaster funds for our
county due to "increased winds!"

Yeah, I heard. Winds gusting to 59 mph. Just a few months ago we had
winds gusting to 70 here on the Pacific North West coast. Wonder why no
one got disaster funds?

Ed
Old July 17th 05, 01:59 AM
troll finder 2005

"Ed" wrote in message
. 92.175...
"Charlie" wrote in :

TY Ed....President Bush has authorized emergency disaster funds for our
county due to "increased winds!"

Yeah, I heard. Winds gusting to 59 mph. Just a few months ago we

had
winds gusting to 70 here on the Pacific North West coast. Wonder why no
one got disaster funds?

Ed

yea??
well my missus just let rip
it messured 156 on the rectum scale.
do we get a disaster funds?

Old July 17th 05, 02:11 AM
Ed

What will it take to satisfy you folks? How about free airfare to
Mississippi and a personal inspection of my station? For Pete's
sake!!!!!

Yah know, Charlie, in retrospect, the only thing that bothers me about
your installation is the one guy point as shown in 100_5463.jpg . It
just looks a bit unsubstantial in the picture. I would grant that maybe in
person, it might seem better.... however, thanks for the offer for free
airfare, but I prefer the temps here on the Oregon coast.

Ed K7AAT

Old July 17th 05, 04:55 AM
Larry

Charlie wrote:
Hi Larry,
I intentionally posted the very same identical mage twice since there was
no damage and no change in the image even had I taken one after the storm
cleared. There was no damage here at all to the station in any way.

Good to hear, Charlie, and thanks for the clarification.

I NEVER realized my photographic prowess would cause such a stir which
included accusations of "misrepresentation" "spoofing" "nice try" and
comments about my "**** tower" "crappy installation" etc.

I remind myself that we are amateurs, after all. As such, we might do
things differently from professionals or self-proclaimed professionals.

I also remind myself that this is Usenet, and it attracts all sorts of
opinions and posting styles. Not all of them are worth reading or replying.

73
N1POP
Old July 17th 05, 01:38 PM
Clarke

Good photo,

I don't like the angle between the other two guy cables,
almost 150 deg. or more !

Danger, Will Robinson, Danger !

Old July 22nd 05, 12:42 AM

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:44:23 -0500, "Charlie"
wrote:

There are no distortions Ken. The tower looks the same the day before Dennis
as it does now the day after. The WHOLE POINT in using 2 identical photos
was to illustrate that there IS NO DIFFERENCE after the storm.

I have been on Usenet for 20 years or more and it is always the
same....people just wait in the wings to take pot shots at others. I posted
a link to the tower photos and all I got was ridicule and cuss words.

Now that it survived the affects of hurricane Dennis I get accusations that
Dennis never even came near my home.
You guys can all go fish..or any other "F" word you might be able to think
of.

Sorry to rob you all of the splendor of viewing my new tower down on the
ground.

You ****ers are all a bunch of real sick *******s.

What a bunch of passive-aggressive crap. If you really wanted
to make the point, you would have posted an honest "after" shot, not
your smartass little duplicate.
Old July 22nd 05, 12:46 AM

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 00:48:50 GMT, Ed
wrote:

"Charlie" wrote in :

TY Ed....President Bush has authorized emergency disaster funds for our
county due to "increased winds!"

Yeah, I heard. Winds gusting to 59 mph. Just a few months ago we had
winds gusting to 70 here on the Pacific North West coast. Wonder why no
one got disaster funds?

Because less than a third of your population is named Bubba.

Ed

AD5TH Tower - Storm Damage Photos Charlie Antenna 60 July 24th 05 01:10 AM
AD5TH Tower Project Completed - Pics Online [email protected] Antenna 9 July 6th 05 09:05 PM
FYI: NOAA Lightning Safety Awareness Week K4YZ Policy 0 June 8th 05 02:25 AM
Single ground Bill Ogden Antenna 26 November 25th 04 03:47 AM
Is lighting nuts? CIL Antenna 29 October 23rd 04 11:38 PM