Old February 27th 06, 03:14 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
=K=5=D=H=

Default Wanted: some ARC5 transmitter parts

I'm looking for the following ARC5 transmitter parts:

- Antenna binding post ass'y (need two of these)
- Relay (the one underneath the chassis)
- Ceramic end plate for mounting roller coil
- Window with calibrations (clear part only)

I'm restoring a BC-459-A (7.0 - 9.1 mc) but these are
generic parts that can come from any ARC5-type xmtr.

73,
Dean K5DH

Old March 4th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
CLFE

do you have some pics? I "think" I may have some but it's been so long since
I stripped them down I can't recall. I ask for the pics because as you
know - one person's idea of antenna binding posts may be a tad different
than others - for example. I want to get you the "exact" parts if I have
them. I had a couple complete set ups at one time which I stripped down.
I've since sold most of the coil forms and some miscellaneous. But I THINK I
still have some other stuff in my junk boxes. I just need to match them to
your needs.

--
WWW.CLFURENT.COM
WWW.CLFURENT-GIFTS.ISPEEDWAY.COM

et...

Old March 7th 06, 01:32 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
-=H=-

Thanks for your offer to help, OM. Yours is only the third
response I've gotten to my request (sad, eh?). A gentleman
in Wisconsin was able to supply me all of the parts I needed
for just the postage cost (I'm going to force him to accept
some money for the parts, however!).

Thanks and 73,
Dean K5DH

In article ,
says...

news:evidnT2sBuIx85_ZnZ2dnUVZ_sadnZ2d@centurytel. net...

Old March 7th 06, 03:17 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
CLFE

No problem, you're quite welcome. Just hope you understood, I have
"forgotten" what those parts looked like exactly, so I wanted to be able to
match them. While most "antenna posts" may look the same - a dial glass
won't. At any rate, glad to hear you got your supply. As to these parts,
many times I strip things down and sell the parts dirt cheap. I don't look
to get rich off any one part - I "try" to offer a decent price for folks
like you to do what we do. Hey, I scrounge too for parts to do projects! If
I don't have it - I have to go look too. I love homebrewing myself and doing
Tube type Ham and CB rigs (leisure and repair).

clf