Old June 3rd 06, 06:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

Default System Saber RSS Programming problem

I have a CON 6 System Saber I am trying to read with version R3.00.2 and
although it passes the serial COM test, it gets hung trying to read and
reports "Could not acquire busy line" etc.

My dedicated radio programming computer is a genuine IBM 486 25 MHz and
is tried and true on various RSS including "plain" Saber, so I doubt its
the set up, I tried a spare RIB box, tested a plain Saber (works) and am
stumped. I even trimmed my config.sys amd autoexec.bat. Yes I am using
DOS 6.22.

Could it be that CON 6 (1995 vintage radio) is too new for this 1992
software? Version R3.00.2 is all I have to work with.

Any help would be most appreciated.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©