Old January 7th 07, 04:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default Art Bell returns to Pahrump NV

Diana Satyr wrote:
In article ,
Carter-k8vt wrote:

Brenda Ann wrote:
"Carter-k8vt" wrote in message
om...
ve3... wrote:

"''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Who saw that coming?
Items from his broadcast:
His wife has legally immigrated to the US,
Very interesting, as I thought that right after he got married, there were
some quotes by Art posted here that his wife "had no interest in coming to
the US" and that she "never wanted to come here" [to the US].

If true, an interesting about-face.

Three typhoons (two of which were equivalent to Category 4 hurricanes in
the
western hemisphere) and an earthquake in less than 6 months can do a lot to
dissuade you from staying..

Brenda Ann,

IMHO, when a 20 year old girl marries a guy that she's only seen in
person for a few weeks, a possibly rich (by Filipino standards) and
certainly famous guy, and that guy is old enough to be her
*GRANDFATHER*, I may be cynical, but the phrase "Gold digger" has to
cross your mind.

Keeping that phrase in mind, at the time, I was surprised when it was
said that she didn't want to come to this country--but she got here
soon enough anyway.

However, your weather explanation is interesting and could affect
decisions on where to live.

This is a good point Brenda Ann.

A more nuanced way of looking at it is they made a deal that is highly
advantageous to both. She gets wealth. He gets young stuff. What did she have to
look forward to before? A lifetime of struggling on a Phillipines teacher's
salary. And Art had nothing to look forward to but maybe a maximum of 20 more
years of lonliness and playing with his radios. True, he could have remarried an
American lady of his own age, but he's used to having a likely-more-obedient
Phillipine wife (the deceased Ramona) and so that would probably have been hard
for him to handle.

And, of course, let us not forget that age-old truth: Men want YOUNG STUFF if
they can possibly get it.

I'm sure they didn't explicitly say they were making this deal, but I think it
very likely that they both knew they were.

Moonman
--
Eponymous coverage

This could be true. I think At Bell is 60. How old is the new wife?
Is she really 20?

I'm not rich or 60 yet, but I'm wondering if this could be a good idea
for me. Where do I get me one of them Filipina brides?

Old January 9th 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Carter-k8vt wrote:
Brenda Ann wrote:
"Carter-k8vt" wrote in message
om...
ve3... wrote:

"''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
[...]

Actually, Art is filthy rich by American standards. ;-) Not like that
oxycontin pill popper in Florida, but he should be in the 7 figure
range.

Old January 9th 07, 03:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.misc

RST Engineering wrote:
And let us never forget what Navy wives call Filipino women ...

LBFMs

... Little Brown Fu**ing Machines

Yeah, I see why the Phillipines kicked the Navy out of Subic.

jw