Old August 18th 03, 11:54 PM
Dave Bushong

You could always eliminate the middleman and give your paycheck directly
to people who don't feel like working. Then again, the politicians
would be out of a job of skimming the cream off the top, and they would
join the ranks of people who you would be giving your paycheck to. Oh
wait, they win either way!!! Who makes these rules? Oh, wait!!! I'm
starting to understand.

But to keep this post in line with the rules,...

Here in New Hampshire, I've noticed that there are places between
mountains that we lose cell reception but VHF/UHF is fine, and vice
versa. And 6 meters is almost always better for hilly coverage. The
state police still use low band (46 MHz or so). Anyone else notice in
hilly states (Tenn, Calif, etc.) have more 6m repeaters than usual?

Dave
KZ1O
--
This file is PureMail protected. To reply to the sender,
you MUST include this in the subject line:

M321I58DNU 09/06/2003

(without that string in the subject, your
message will be deleted, unread)

Shadow of James wrote:

Is there any way to vote OTHER than Republican?
"RFburns" wrote in message

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 17:06:05 -0500, Dan/W4NTI

wrote:

You obviously don't have a common ground. The only 'ground' you have is
from the antenna mount, via the coax shield, to your radio. When you

hook

your ground post to the chassis you have extended the 'ground' and

caused a

higher swr.

Why, Dan, you actually know what you are talking about this time!
Inhaling those nerve gas remnants has apparently caused your synapses
to reconnect in ways that lead to valid insights into RF problems.

Next, you'll be registering as a Republican.

Old August 19th 03, 12:38 AM
Dan/W4NTI

Not these days. After the Demoncrats fielded Clinton Gore I guess Im more
of a anti-democrat.

Dan/W4NTI

link.net...

Old August 19th 03, 12:40 AM
Dan/W4NTI

Quite a common thing Dave. In fact ten meter FM is even better in hilly
terrain. The higher the frequency, the smaller the wavelength. Thus it is
more subject to scatter, reflection, absorption, etc. However in some cases
you will find 70 cm is better for the urban city invironment.

Dan/W4NTI