Old October 14th 03, 11:28 PM
Dave Bushong

I tried that one, but some Zulu tribes have an issue with it (and I
couldn't bust the Zulu pileup). So I went with Zsa-Zsa (as in Gabor).

Dave
kz1o

Tom wrote:

How about Knot Zinciferous Onomatopoeia One? That seems really
quite clear in a phonetic sense. Or am I missing something...

:-)

Recently I hear more and more hams using "kilowatt" as the phonetic for

the

letter K. The correct phonetic is "kilo".

73 de Jack, K9CUN. That's...

kickapoo niner certain underwear neurosis

Of course, for my callsign I could use

Knife Zucchini One Oedipus

or even

Kilo Zero One One

73,
kz1o

--
This file is PureMail protected. To reply to the sender,
you MUST include this in the subject line:

YKXWBSX7I6 01/03/2004

(without that string in the subject, your
message will be deleted, unread)

Old October 15th 03, 12:00 AM
Dave Bushong

Tom,

I tried to email you, but couldn't get past your spam filter. Please
reply to my adelphia address. I added the code on the subject line that
will get you through my spam filter.

Can you (addressing the group, now) believe how much crap we have to put
up with because of spammers? It's like someone sticking a finger in
your eye, and then say "I'd like to sell you something."

All the best, and 73,
Dave

Old October 25th 03, 02:10 PM
AK

"Steve Silverwood" wrote in message
Forgive my rambling. Thanks for listening. Hope to have the privilege
of a live QSO with you sometime!

Thanks for all your comments, Steve. In recent years I've taught and helped
out with several Tech-plus classes. Enjoy seeing the enthusiasm of the young
people. Unfortunately, computers and the internet have grabbed away a lot of
potential hams, and many of the new-license candidates are retirees who were
interested in ham radio back when they were young, but never got the
license. When the dx isn't around or I feel a bit lazy at night, I crank the
code speed way down and go cq'ing where the remaining Novices and a lot of
tech plus folks hang out. I usually send out an unsolicited QSL after a
contact to the hams who sounds like they are just getting started. On voice,
I don't "correct" those using CB jargon, but do try to set a good example.
However, there was the old "Turkey Net" in Florida where non-conformist
protocol was standard; a lot of joking around, but we didn't interfere with
anyone and violated no rules.
73, Andy

Old October 25th 03, 02:10 PM
AK

[...]

Wrong S-meter in Hallicrafters SX-28? Phil Nelson Boatanchors 44 December 11th 04 02:05 AM
Wrong S-meter in Hallicrafters SX-28? Phil Nelson Boatanchors 0 December 7th 04 10:44 PM
WRONG PHONETICS Caveat Lector Dx 1 September 21st 03 04:22 PM
FS: Ten Tec Omni D - sorry wrong email addr. before! GS Boatanchors 0 July 16th 03 07:24 PM
GAY BISHOPS: WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT? Don Souter General 0 July 3rd 03 11:51 PM