Old October 24th 03, 05:59 PM
Hans K0HB

Default A Morsodist Challenge

Dick Carroll wrote

Yeah, the NoCode Agenda can get to be a bit bizzare, all right.
.......then their version of .... Morsedists Religion, blah, blah...

Dick,

A simple straightforward challenge for you (and the rest of rrap).

During the 30 hours starting at 2100Z on Nov 1st, 2003 I will be
practicing Morsodism on the HF bands in the ARRL SS Radiosport event.
Keep up with me if you can.

May the Peace of St. Morse shower down upon thee in abundance,

de Hans, K0HB
--
http://home.earthlink.net/~k0hb

Old October 25th 03, 08:54 AM
Brian

"Hans K0HB" wrote in message news:0e0bcf9156e38b6b5725ff4d921e90bc.128005@myga te.mailgate.org...
Dick Carroll wrote

Yeah, the NoCode Agenda can get to be a bit bizzare, all right.
.......then their version of .... Morsedists Religion, blah, blah...

Dick,

A simple straightforward challenge for you (and the rest of rrap).

During the 30 hours starting at 2100Z on Nov 1st, 2003 I will be
practicing Morsodism on the HF bands in the ARRL SS Radiosport event.
Keep up with me if you can.

May the Peace of St. Morse shower down upon thee in abundance,

de Hans, K0HB
--
http://home.earthlink.net/~k0hb

Thine memory is faulty. Dick has no portable gear, and will be away
from thee power mains on said date.

Dick hath no pot to pee in.

Old October 26th 03, 04:36 PM
Jim Hampton

Hans,

I'm only on 10 meters (and 440), but might talk Tim, WB2KAO into sharing his
shack. As long as you aren't using a computer to send and receive Morse, I
think neither of us will have too much trouble. No straight keys, though;
too dang slow. The best I ever managed was 27 WPM on those things. Kills
your wrist in a hurry.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim

Old October 26th 03, 05:03 PM
Kim W5TIT

"Jim Hampton" wrote in message
Hans,

I'm only on 10 meters (and 440), but might talk Tim, WB2KAO into sharing

his
shack. As long as you aren't using a computer to send and receive Morse,

think neither of us will have too much trouble. No straight keys, though;
too dang slow. The best I ever managed was 27 WPM on those things. Kills
your wrist in a hurry.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim

Jim, ever work KF9AS?

Kim W5TIT

Old October 26th 03, 06:54 PM
KØHB

"Jim Hampton" wrote

I'm only on 10 meters (and 440), but might talk Tim, WB2KAO into sharing

his
shack.

10M will be problematic on our mutual path. Best bet would seem to be
Sunday about 1900-2130Z.

As long as you aren't using a computer to send and receive Morse, I
think neither of us will have too much trouble.

I don't know of any serious radiosporters using a computer to copy Morse.
Computers don't like the wide variability which our wetware modems process
without a problem.

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
http://home.earthlink.net/~k0hb

Old October 26th 03, 07:08 PM
Dan/W4NTI

Only incompetents use a computer to receive morse code.

And doing so in a contest is really dumb. Takes more time to get it zeroed
in than it would if you bothered to learn cw at a reasonable speed.

See you in SSCW single op. And SSphone multi op.

Oh and in the last five years I have 4 cups phone and cw. And one cup phone
only.

Missed em both in 99.

Dan/W4NTI