Old March 31st 04, 08:10 PM
reignman

Default HOW DO I GET STARTED?

I am a DJ who works full time and goes to school part time. I want to
expand my audience with a broadcast (either internet or home radio).
I understand that for internet broadcasting I would need a DSL or
cable modem, but I wasn't sure which software was best (reliable and
user-friendly).
For home broadcasting, which licenses would I need to apply for and
what equipment is needed? I really don't know where to start for any
of this.

Any advice or a push in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Reign
Old March 31st 04, 08:41 PM
Michael Black

reignman ) writes:
I am a DJ who works full time and goes to school part time. I want to
expand my audience with a broadcast (either internet or home radio).
I understand that for internet broadcasting I would need a DSL or
cable modem, but I wasn't sure which software was best (reliable and
user-friendly).
For home broadcasting, which licenses would I need to apply for and
what equipment is needed? I really don't know where to start for any
of this.

Any advice or a push in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Reign

First you need to know the difference between amateur radio, which
this newsgroup is about, and broadcast radio, which is what you
are interested in.

There's a whole newsgroup devoted to broadcast radio,
rec.radio.broadcasting
which is a much better place than here.

Unless you have money, and even then it's not easy, radio broadcasting
isn't an option for the individual.

Michael VE2BVW

Old April 1st 04, 02:08 AM
Hamguy

Search the web for LPFM. (low power frequency modulation) or look for
LPFM on the FCC's site at:
www.fcc.gov

om...