Old April 26th 04, 11:02 PM
jack smith

Default HAMS be aware of another dumb email scam (why am i getting so many lately?)

i did a search and found other variants on the usenet, but none with
this ladys name and email.......

Kelly Chimba.
reply to

Attention: Sir/Madam

REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE IN A FINANCIAL TRANSACTION.

I am interested in your partnership in business dealing. This business
proposal I wish to intimate you with is of mutual benefit and it?s
success is entirely based on mutual trust, cooperation and a high
level of
confidentiality as regard this transaction.

I am representing the board of the contract award and monitoring
committe of the Zambian Ministry of Mining and Resources. I am seeking
your
assistance to enable me transfer the sum of US$25,500,000.00
(Twenty-five Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars)
into your
private/company account.

The fund came about as a result of a contract awarded and executed for
and on behalf of my Ministry. The contract was supposed to be awarded
to two foreign contractors to the tune of US$180,000,000.00 (One
hundred
and Eighty Million United States Dollars). But in the course of
negotiation, the contract was awarded to a Bulgarian contractor at the
cost of
US$144,500,000.00 (One hundred and Forty-four Million, Five Hundred
Thousand United States Dollars) to my benefit unknown to the
contractor.

This contract has been satisfactorily executed and inspected as the
Bulgarian firm is presently securing payment from my Ministry, where
our
Board is in-charge of all foreign contract payment approval.

As a civil servant still in active government service, I am forbidden
by law to operate an account outside the shores of Zambia. Hence this
message to you seeking your assistance so as to enable me present your
private/company account details as a beneficiary of contractual claims
alongside that of the Bulgarian contractor, to enable me transfer the
difference of US$25,500,000.00 (Twenty-five Million, Five Hundred
Thousand
United States Dollars) into your provided account.

On actualisation, the fund will be disbursed as stated below.

1. 10% of the fund will be set aside for expencise.

2. 20% of the fund will be for you as beneficiary.

3. 70% of the fund will be for Us.

All logistics are in place and all modalities worked out for a smooth
actualisation of the transaction within the next few working days of
commencement. For further details as to the workability of this
transaction, please reach me as soon as possible for further
clarification.

Thank you and God bless as I await your urgent response.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly Chimba.
Old May 3rd 04, 11:26 PM
Jerry

"jack smith" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Haha!

If you fall for this, you got what you deserved. LOL! Of course, it is
just best to ignore it. Sometimes it is fun to jerk their chains a little.
I send 'em an email something this:

"I understand your plight and would be willing to help out.

I will send you an account # into which to deposit the funds. When the
certified check arrives, I will instruct the
bank to place a freeze on the account until it clears. Two weeks after it
clears, you may give me instructions on the
disposition of these monies. This will be a new account
with no withdrawal privileges except for me. This means
that my personal accounts cannot be touched or accessed
in any way or form. If you trust me so much as to email me out of the blue
(yeah, right), then you will trust me to
administer these funds in such a way that no one gets hurt.

Sincerely,

blah, blah
\

PS: I wasn't born yesterday"

How come they never contact me again (wink, wink)

LOL!

Jerry

Old May 5th 04, 10:58 PM
Dave Bushong

You guys never get on the air, do you?

DX : "CQ, CQ, CQ, CQ, this is [someone like you and me]"
You: [unable to finish this simple QSO, because YOU are in this
newsgroup instead of YOU GETING ON THE AIR. USE YOUR LICENSE AND GET ON
THE AIR YOU DOPE!]