Old June 18th 04, 01:53 PM
Alf Jacob Munthe

Default Echolink problem

Hi!
I hope this ais relevant group. After I got permanent ASDL, my echolink
program does not function. It tries the different sites, one after the
other, but no contact. When I ping them, it is ok. Could it be a firewall
problem?

Alf, LA6XF

Old June 18th 04, 02:30 PM
Helmut

Hello, Alf,

This is a irewall problem, and the solotion depends on the kind of
mode/router you have with your ADSL connection.

These links might be helpful:

http://www.echolink.org/support.htm

http://www.echolinker.com/boards/for...4 d&forumid=4

or subscribe to one of the echolink yahoo groups, there is concentrated
knowledge base in the files section or among the more than 2400 members.

good luck

73 de OE8SOQ
Helmut
Echolink # 107658

Old June 18th 04, 02:38 PM
Da Shadow

Also check the ports
From http://www.echolink.org/firewall_solutions.htm
EchoLink requires that your router or firewall allow inbound and outbound
UDP to destination ports 5198 and 5199, and outbound TCP to port 5200.
Source ports are dynamically assigned. If you are using a home-network
router, you will also need to configure the router to "forward" UDP ports
5198 and 5199 to the PC on which EchoLink is running.

This can be summarized as:
Allow UDP (source port any, destination ports 5198-5199) from Internet to
PC
Allow UDP (source port any, destination ports 5198-5199) from PC to
Internet
Allow TCP (source port any, destination port 5200) from PC to Internet

Solved my problems

--
Lamont Cranston

The Shadow Knows
"Helmut" wrote in message
Hello, Alf,

This is a irewall problem, and the solotion depends on the kind of
mode/router you have with your ADSL connection.

These links might be helpful:

http://www.echolink.org/support.htm

http://www.echolinker.com/boards/for...1f8a3a66b15f96
88fb0c4d&forumid=4

Old June 19th 04, 07:02 AM
Alf Jacob Munthe

Many thanks, it solved my problem immediately!
Alf

"Da Shadow" skrev i melding
Also check the ports
From http://www.echolink.org/firewall_solutions.htm