Old July 15th 04, 11:29 PM
J999w

What other comment? Besides I don't drink beer.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Not your comment, the other one posted.

jw
Old July 15th 04, 11:40 PM
sty

"sty" wrote in message
ink.net...

I've been sending them back with a SASE to be filled out.

Thoughts?

John K9RZZ

Ah! such an exciting life you live.

Old July 15th 04, 11:40 PM
sty

"sty" wrote in message
ink.net...

"sty" wrote in message
ink.net...

"J999w" wrote in message
I'm chasing my 6 meter WAS and VUCC and have been receiving quite a

few
cards
with missing information ... no RST, no DATE, without my CALL !

From the ARRL site under DXCC rules it states:

4. Confirmation data for two-way communications must include the call

signs of
both stations, the Entity name as shown in the DXCC List, mode, and

date,
time
and band. Except as permitted in Rule 1, cross-mode contacts are not

permitted
for DXCC credits. Confirmations not containing all required

information
may be
rejected.

Does a QSL require a RST report?

Old July 15th 04, 11:41 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"J999w" wrote in message
I'm chasing my 6 meter WAS and VUCC and have been receiving quite a few

cards
with missing information ... no RST, no DATE, without my CALL !

From the ARRL site under DXCC rules it states:

4. Confirmation data for two-way communications must include the call

signs of
both stations, the Entity name as shown in the DXCC List, mode, and date,

time
and band. Except as permitted in Rule 1, cross-mode contacts are not

permitted
for DXCC credits. Confirmations not containing all required information

may be
rejected.

Does a QSL require a RST report?

I've been sending them back with a SASE to be filled out.

Thoughts?

John K9RZZ

Without even the 'basic' information of Callsign, QTH (Grid for VHF/UHF)
date/time of qso and frequency (band) and mode....Then it is not a QSL.
QSL means to confirm. How can it be a confirmation without even the basic
info.

I would just trash it.

Dan/W4NTI

Old July 16th 04, 12:27 AM
Da Shadow

Some VHFers are not from the same cloth as HFers -- so may not realize the
importance of the items that conststitute a complete and proper QSl card.

I would send the cards back with a note outling the proper QSL info.

Folks can work hard and spend many hours trying for six meter contacts.
Worked All States on six meters is achievable but can be very difficult.
QSLing is especially important on six meters due to the goofy propagation
patterns.
--
Lamont Cranston

The Shadow Knows
"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message
nk.net...

"J999w" wrote in message
I'm chasing my 6 meter WAS and VUCC and have been receiving quite a few

cards
with missing information ... no RST, no DATE, without my CALL !

From the ARRL site under DXCC rules it states:

Old July 16th 04, 12:43 AM
Dee D. Flint

"Da Shadow" wrote in message news:d6DJc.19$fB4.1@lakeread01...

I can assure you that in last decade, my HF contact with Panama was
rejected -- it was a CW QSO and the mode and RST were missing.

Maybe in the eye of the checker huh ????

It was rejected for lack of the MODE. That is mandatory. RST is not. The
ARRL rules are very clear on that.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old July 16th 04, 02:20 AM
Da Shadow

Had a card marked

Mode CW
RST 59
Was rejected

--
Lamont Cranston

The Shadow Knows

Old July 16th 04, 03:08 AM
Dee D. Flint

"Da Shadow" wrote in message news:i3GJc.69$fB4.5@lakeread01...
Had a card marked

Mode CW
RST 59
Was rejected

Either something else was missing or you should have made a fuss about it.
RST is NOT required.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

--
Lamont Cranston

The Shadow Knows
"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message

"Da Shadow" wrote in message

I can assure you that in last decade, my HF contact with Panama was
rejected -- it was a CW QSO and the mode and RST were missing.

Maybe in the eye of the checker huh ????

It was rejected for lack of the MODE. That is mandatory. RST is not.

The
ARRL rules are very clear on that.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Help required info on HiMARK DM1461 PLL chip ukmonitor Homebrew 0 March 5th 04 04:38 PM
Help required info on HiMARK DM1461 PLL chip ukmonitor Homebrew 0 March 5th 04 04:38 PM
INFO: Digitar WX Stn John Boatanchors 0 October 27th 03 12:26 AM
KW Viceroy mark3 info required David L Thompson Boatanchors 5 October 8th 03 06:06 PM
Info Required - KW-103 Wattneter / SWR Bridge Pat Richardson Boatanchors 0 July 30th 03 01:34 PM