Old December 13th 04, 05:28 PM
Radio Dawg

We had an idiot here in So Cal do the same thing for 2 months -- we found
em -- turned em in
He had a hard time paying the FCC fine and they confiscated all his
equipment
Interlopers are very easy to spot and find.
Hams are very protective of their bands (Guess you are not)
Caveat Pirates

--
ID with held to protect the innocent

"Hans" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
5 w, big deal...if you want to run higher power, get a ham license or a
commercial repeater, etc.

I know of a guy who has been operating on 20 meters for
years without his own ham llicense. He just picks out somebody's
call sign and assumes their first name on the air. I've heard him say
it is more fun than freebanding.

Hans
Detroit, MI

Old December 13th 04, 06:49 PM
Radio Dawg

OH YEAH -- better get informed -- here is a start
FCC Sends Ex-Ham to the Slammer
from The ARRL Letter / ARRL
Website: http://www.arrl.org on January 26, 2001
View comments about this article!

EX-HAM GETS JAIL, PROBATION FOR UNLICENSED OPERATION

Former amateur Richard Allen Burton this week was sentenced to three months
in jail and one year's probation for unlicensed operation of a radio
transmitter. Burton also must undergo psychological treatment.

Burton was sentenced January 22. The FCC says he'd been operating without a
license on repeaters in Southern California. Burton is scheduled to report
to the US Marshal's office on February 26 to begin serving his jail term. He
has been free on $20,000 bond.

Formerly WB6JAC, Burton, lost his General ticket in 1981 as a result of
unspecified violations. Since then, he's racked up a lengthy history of
alleged unlicensed operation, most or all of it on amateur frequencies. He
has served jail time and probation as a result of earlier convictions.

Burton was arrested last August 5 following his indictment by a federal
grand jury in California. He faced six felony counts of violating the
Communications Act of 1934.

CASE CLOSED
--

"Hans" wrote in message

"Radio Dawg" wrote in message
We had an idiot here in So Cal do the same thing for 2 months -- we found
em -- turned em in
He had a hard time paying the FCC fine and they confiscated all his
equipment
Interlopers are very easy to spot and find.
Hams are very protective of their bands (Guess you are not)
Caveat Pirates

--
ID with held to protect the innocent

In a word, BULL****.

73,

Hans

Old December 14th 04, 12:37 AM
Avast

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...-04-1045A1.pdf

--
Sailor

"Hans" wrote in message
This same FORGED letter has been circulating around the
internet for a few years.

Repeat, BULL****!

73,

Hans

Old December 14th 04, 04:22 AM
robert casey

Who is Riley & Co.?

Hans

Oh, just some guys at the Funny Cookie Corporation....
Old December 16th 04, 04:12 PM
Dolemite

Being a member of the Chamber of Commerce counts as having a license?
What an odd exception.

Harv, if you want to get the GMRS radios do a froogle search for the
Uniden handsets. I recently purchased my two GMRS/FRS handsets,
complete w/ rechargable battery, charging station and belt clip (the
only thing I think its missing is a slot for an ear piece) for $20
online, shipped.

I recently posted questions on whether or not I should shell out the
$80 for my license or not. After many posts, with recommendations,
I've decided to not get the license. It servers no purpose. There is
not instruction given, expertise needed, or private band assigned when
you get your license. Its a cleverly desguised tax by the FCC. And
from what I've research, not enforced, unless you deliberatly interfere
with other peoples communications, and those notices are sent to
license holders or those applying for thier license.

newbie walkie-talkie questions Zeb Kagloonpop General 1 August 16th 04 03:18 PM
Newbie, UHF antenna for TV questions cme Antenna 10 February 25th 04 05:00 AM
Newbie Questions MikeB General 88 November 25th 03 10:04 AM
Newbie Questions MikeB General 0 October 10th 03 02:39 AM
Newbie questions about rf transceivers Active8 Homebrew 35 August 13th 03 01:40 PM