Old January 21st 05, 01:38 PM

Default J pole questions

I am experimenting making a j pole out of 1/2 inch conduit. What I am
thinking of doing is making it like a "u" in that each piece, the
radiator, stub and shorting bar are cut at 45 degree angles and welded
togther. I have the dimensions using the 1/2 inch copper. How do i
measure each pieces "length"? I mean in the copper plan they use t
fittings and measure the radiator length starting incide the t fitting
where it is lower than the shorting bar.

My ides was to just measure the end of the angled piece where I cut it
to the top, but not sure if this is right. What do you think?

Also, since an antenna constructed this way will not have an "extended
leg" to mount to a mast, would it be acceptable to mount the shorted
horizontal section to the mast? Will this cause problems?
Any help is appreciated. I hope to work on this tomorrow.

Old January 21st 05, 03:16 PM
Airy R.Bean

Use a ruler or a tape measure?

wrote in message
oups.com...
How do i
measure each pieces "length"?

Best j pole design and questions [email protected] Antenna 1 January 7th 05 10:23 PM
Best j pole design and questions [email protected] Antenna 7 January 6th 05 07:45 PM
Low band noise (a possible "hot pole" nearby) google washer General 1 January 4th 04 01:45 AM
J Pole questions Mike Burch Antenna 8 November 26th 03 10:19 PM
Low reenlistment rate charlesb Policy 54 September 18th 03 01:57 PM