Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old March 28th 05, 06:51 PM
Rabbi Phil
 
Posts: n/a
Default Selling 52 Simplex Radios

My friend Lennie Schwartz owns a radio store and was stuck with close
to a hundred 52 simplex radios he could not sell. As his Rabbi & chief
Sanhedrin, Lennie asked me for advice. Now Lennie has three gorgeous
college-age daughters, so I had Lennie get them some cute little outfits,
tight tops and tight short-shorts, similar to what the Hooters girls wear.
We had the following message boldly printed on the butt end of the shorts
and across the bust area of the tops:

"I MONITOR 52 SIMPLEX"

In less that 24 hours, Lennie sold all his 52 simplex radios at five times
the
original asking price and had to order more. Every male ham of any
age swamped Lennie's radio store and demanded a 52 simplex radio.

NOTE FOR HANS: It is not the message that is so important, as how you
communicate the message.


73,

Rabbi Phil
Chief,
Sanhedrin Council






  #2   Report Post  
Old March 29th 05, 07:13 PM
Michael Coslo
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Rabbi Phil wrote:
My friend Lennie Schwartz owns a radio store and was stuck with close
to a hundred 52 simplex radios he could not sell. As his Rabbi & chief
Sanhedrin, Lennie asked me for advice. Now Lennie has three gorgeous
college-age daughters, so I had Lennie get them some cute little outfits,
tight tops and tight short-shorts, similar to what the Hooters girls wear.
We had the following message boldly printed on the butt end of the shorts
and across the bust area of the tops:

"I MONITOR 52 SIMPLEX"

In less that 24 hours, Lennie sold all his 52 simplex radios at five times
the
original asking price and had to order more. Every male ham of any
age swamped Lennie's radio store and demanded a 52 simplex radio.

NOTE FOR HANS: It is not the message that is so important, as how you
communicate the message.


The only thing worse than being witty is not being witty.

Come on, you can do better! 8^)


- Mike KB3EIA -

  #3   Report Post  
Old March 30th 05, 07:41 PM
Dave B.
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Very classy on his part.

In his next "smart business move" will he just move his Hooters-girl
lookalike daughters into prostitution?

Disgusting!

"Rabbi Phil" wrote in message
...
My friend Lennie Schwartz owns a radio store and was stuck with close
to a hundred 52 simplex radios he could not sell. As his Rabbi & chief
Sanhedrin, Lennie asked me for advice. Now Lennie has three gorgeous
college-age daughters, so I had Lennie get them some cute little outfits,
tight tops and tight short-shorts, similar to what the Hooters girls wear.
We had the following message boldly printed on the butt end of the shorts
and across the bust area of the tops:

"I MONITOR 52 SIMPLEX"

In less that 24 hours, Lennie sold all his 52 simplex radios at five times
the
original asking price and had to order more. Every male ham of any
age swamped Lennie's radio store and demanded a 52 simplex radio.

NOTE FOR HANS: It is not the message that is so important, as how you
communicate the message.


73,

Rabbi Phil
Chief,
Sanhedrin Council







  #4   Report Post  
Old March 30th 05, 08:29 PM
K4YZ
 
Posts: n/a
Default


Dave B. wrote:
"Rabbi Phil" wrote in message
...
My friend Lennie Schwartz owns a radio store and was stuck with

close
to a hundred 52 simplex radios he could not sell. As his Rabbi &

chief
Sanhedrin, Lennie asked me for advice. Now Lennie has three

gorgeous
college-age daughters, so I had Lennie get them some cute little

outfits,
tight tops and tight short-shorts, similar to what the Hooters

girls wear.
We had the following message boldly printed on the butt end of the

shorts
and across the bust area of the tops:

"I MONITOR 52 SIMPLEX"

In less that 24 hours, Lennie sold all his 52 simplex radios at

five times
the
original asking price and had to order more. Every male ham of any
age swamped Lennie's radio store and demanded a 52 simplex radio.

NOTE FOR HANS: It is not the message that is so important, as how

you
communicate the message.


Very classy on his part.

In his next "smart business move" will he just move his Hooters-girl
lookalike daughters into prostitution?

Disgusting!


Folks...sex, or the suggestion of it, sells everything in this
country...Even those who argue AGAINST "sex" are using it to thier
advantage by the mere suggestion of it. (Before "NYPD Blue" ever hit
the airwaves, Jerry Falwell and his ilk were protesting it. The
producers said the best advertisement they could get was Jerry railing
against it!)

I think the idea was cute.

Also, we have people fussing about the "greying, all white male"
demographic of Amateur Radio in the United States...so maybe this gave
it a kick in the rear...? We're not talking about child pornography
here...Young ADULT women, the same like of which adorn the sidelines of
any NFL game on Monday Nights, showing some booty and cleavage to get
YOU to look twice. It works. Deal with it.

Of course there will always be the "we could do it without that"
contingent...But that contingent hasn't done a whole lot to promote the
program either. So...given your choice between a poster with Fred Maia
or Gordon West promoting Amateur Radio, or a diverse selection of
scantilly clad cheerleaders holding HT's I am sure none of whom are
licensed to operate...which do you think would garner more
"check-outs"...?!?!

73

Steve, K4YZ

  #5   Report Post  
Old April 12th 05, 04:45 AM
Dave B.
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I have no idea what that rambling BS particular post was trying to say, but
I am still waing to hear what exploitation this so-called "smart
businessman" engaged his poor, ignorant daughters in in an attempt tomake
afe buck trying to sell some cheap radios.

That story is so pathetic, I DARE that miserable piece of sh*t to e-mail me
directly (not post on a newsgroup like a chickensh*t) and tell me how much
profit he generated from his ignorant daughters' asses. My guess is that if
he tells the truth, I can generate that from my friggin' pocket, send it to
him, and save 2 or 3 girls that happened to be born to one of the dregs of
society from at least a little embarassment.

Let's hear it, BIG-TIME OPERATOR!!!!!!!



"K4YZ" wrote in message
ups.com...

Dave B. wrote:
"Rabbi Phil" wrote in message
...
My friend Lennie Schwartz owns a radio store and was stuck with

close
to a hundred 52 simplex radios he could not sell. As his Rabbi &

chief
Sanhedrin, Lennie asked me for advice. Now Lennie has three

gorgeous
college-age daughters, so I had Lennie get them some cute little

outfits,
tight tops and tight short-shorts, similar to what the Hooters

girls wear.
We had the following message boldly printed on the butt end of the

shorts
and across the bust area of the tops:

"I MONITOR 52 SIMPLEX"

In less that 24 hours, Lennie sold all his 52 simplex radios at

five times
the
original asking price and had to order more. Every male ham of any
age swamped Lennie's radio store and demanded a 52 simplex radio.

NOTE FOR HANS: It is not the message that is so important, as how

you
communicate the message.


Very classy on his part.

In his next "smart business move" will he just move his Hooters-girl
lookalike daughters into prostitution?

Disgusting!


Folks...sex, or the suggestion of it, sells everything in this
country...Even those who argue AGAINST "sex" are using it to thier
advantage by the mere suggestion of it. (Before "NYPD Blue" ever hit
the airwaves, Jerry Falwell and his ilk were protesting it. The
producers said the best advertisement they could get was Jerry railing
against it!)

I think the idea was cute.

Also, we have people fussing about the "greying, all white male"
demographic of Amateur Radio in the United States...so maybe this gave
it a kick in the rear...? We're not talking about child pornography
here...Young ADULT women, the same like of which adorn the sidelines of
any NFL game on Monday Nights, showing some booty and cleavage to get
YOU to look twice. It works. Deal with it.

Of course there will always be the "we could do it without that"
contingent...But that contingent hasn't done a whole lot to promote the
program either. So...given your choice between a poster with Fred Maia
or Gordon West promoting Amateur Radio, or a diverse selection of
scantilly clad cheerleaders holding HT's I am sure none of whom are
licensed to operate...which do you think would garner more
"check-outs"...?!?!

73

Steve, K4YZ





  #6   Report Post  
Old April 12th 05, 01:57 PM
K4YZ
 
Posts: n/a
Default


Dave B. wrote:
I have no idea what that rambling BS particular post was trying to

say, but
I am still waing to hear what exploitation this so-called "smart
businessman" engaged his poor, ignorant daughters in in an attempt

tomake
afe buck trying to sell some cheap radios.

That story is so pathetic, I DARE that miserable piece of sh*t to

e-mail me
directly (not post on a newsgroup like a chickensh*t) and tell me how

much
profit he generated from his ignorant daughters' asses. My guess is

that if
he tells the truth, I can generate that from my friggin' pocket, send

it to
him, and save 2 or 3 girls that happened to be born to one of the

dregs of
society from at least a little embarassment.

Let's hear it, BIG-TIME OPERATOR!!!!!!!


Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

What is a "Dave B" and who gives a rat's kazoo about his dares?

Steve, K4YZ

  #7   Report Post  
Old April 17th 05, 02:37 PM
bb
 
Posts: n/a
Default


K4YZ wrote:
Dave B. wrote:
I have no idea what that rambling BS particular post was trying to

say, but
I am still waing to hear what exploitation this so-called "smart
businessman" engaged his poor, ignorant daughters in in an attempt

tomake
afe buck trying to sell some cheap radios.

That story is so pathetic, I DARE that miserable piece of sh*t to

e-mail me
directly (not post on a newsgroup like a chickensh*t) and tell me

how
much
profit he generated from his ignorant daughters' asses. My guess

is
that if
he tells the truth, I can generate that from my friggin' pocket,

send
it to
him, and save 2 or 3 girls that happened to be born to one of the

dregs of
society from at least a little embarassment.

Let's hear it, BIG-TIME OPERATOR!!!!!!!


Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

What is a "Dave B" and who gives a rat's kazoo about his dares?

Steve, K4YZ


What about all of Steve's dares?

  #8   Report Post  
Old April 18th 05, 11:40 AM
K4YZ
 
Posts: n/a
Default


bb wrote:

What about all of Steve's dares?


Good question.

So far, all of my "dares" have been for YOU to prove ANY of your
assertions or "opinions" to be correct.

So far, not a one of them has met the test of seeing daylight, let
alone being corroborated or "proven" as correct.

Which pretty much leaves you at the bottom og the barrel.

Steve, K4YZ

  #9   Report Post  
Old April 19th 05, 12:21 PM
K4YZ
 
Posts: n/a
Default


Anonymous wrote:

Sort of like how you couldn't prove I've never been to your
place of employment, Nursie.


You never have. It's not up to ME to prove...YOU already did
that.

Can't name the facility or the town it's in...report what shift I
work or who I work with, etc etc etc.

You're STILL an Anonymous Coward, and a lying one at that.

Steve, K4YZ

  #10   Report Post  
Old April 20th 05, 09:05 AM
K4YZ
 
Posts: n/a
Default


Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer wrote:
In article . com
"K4YZ" wrote:

You never have. It's not up to ME to prove...YOU already

did
that.


No, Nursie, you still haven't disproved it, because You say I
never did.


You've neer been there...If you had, you'd be rubbing it in
everyone's nose.

You can't answer a single question because you don't know.

In short...you're LYING.

Can't name the facility or the town it's in...report what

shift I
work or who I work with, etc etc etc.


Try posting in English, Nursie.


It's just fine, Anonymous Lying Coward.

You STILL can't name the facility, the town it's in, report what
shift I work or whom I work with.

You're STILL an Anonymous Coward, and a lying one at that.


You're still a LIAR, Nursie. And a unmitigated blowhard.


Nope.

Prove me wrong. Fill in the blanks, Anonymous Lying Coward.

STEVE WORKS AT:____________________________________

STEVE STARTS AT: _________ AND HIS SHIFT ENDS AT:___________

His Shift Supervisor is:____________________________________
(I'll give you the point if you can just look in the window and
describe him/her...)

HE WORKS ON: (DAYS OF WK):__________________________________

So, Anonymnous Lying Coward...Yo gonna ante up or just make more
"you're a liar and blowhard" statements?

I say your nads are in the vise.

Steve, K4YZ



Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wal-Mart to start selling DRM radios! Al Patrick Shortwave 24 January 18th 05 01:09 AM
Sneaking tiny radios into North Korea Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 November 13th 04 06:02 PM
Comparison of six portable radios lsmyer Broadcasting 0 June 15th 04 01:21 AM
Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Radios that are offered World Wide under the Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Brand Name RHF Shortwave 5 February 5th 04 01:23 PM
MILITARY USES FRS RADIOS IN BOSNIA john private smith Swap 14 December 9th 03 03:50 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 RadioBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Radio"

 

Copyright © 2017