Old June 30th 05, 02:27 PM
Dave \Doc\ Corio

Default Looking for CW keying program

Can anyone suggest a program for Windows (2000 Pro) that will key my HF
rig for CW? I have a Rigblaster already hooked up and functioning for
the digital modes, but would like to be able to key CW.

I don't really want or need the reception to be done by the computer,
just the actual keying.

I also have a control cable hooked up to the rig from an RS-232 port on
the PC.

Thanks in advance!

73
Dave
N0HNJ
Old June 30th 05, 09:38 PM
Howie

Hi Dave, Cwtype is a terminal program that may suit your needs. It has
schematics in its help file that you can easily build for either a
serial port, or a parallel port...cheap and easy. The program is
freeware.

http://www.dxsoft.com/en/products/cwtype/

73 de WA2AFD

Old June 30th 05, 10:15 PM
Dave \Doc\ Corio

J Tabor wrote:
Howdy Dave,

I understand WriteLog does a fine job with cw keying/sending. The n1mm.com
logger also does a good job.

Likely more than you wanted, but give them a look.

What rig and other software are you using?

Cheers,
KU5S
www.taborsoft.com

Sorry - I should have stated more specifics!

I'm using an Icom IC-746 rig. The software I've been using includes
MMSSTV, Logger32, MT63, among others. I have the Rigblaster hooked up
and working fine with all of those programs, and the RS-232 port can and
does handle controlling the rig. I just need guidance to a CW program
that can utilize what I already have!

thanks es 73

Dave
N0HNJ
Old July 2nd 05, 08:19 PM
none

I use MixW for everything. CW keyboarding and receiving. Plus all the
other digital modes.

Old July 2nd 05, 10:02 PM
Dave \Doc\ Corio

Dave "Doc" Corio wrote:
Can anyone suggest a program for Windows (2000 Pro) that will key my HF
rig for CW? I have a Rigblaster already hooked up and functioning for
the digital modes, but would like to be able to key CW.

** SNIP**

Thanks for the suggestions! Some great programs were brought to my
attention. Unfortunately, without rewiring my PC and radio, it appears
that none of them will work.

I have the CT-17 cable from the RS-232 port to the IC-746, but that
won't key the rig in CW mode. I also have the Rigblaster, which will key
the rig using the PC audio card, but it will only key it in SSB mode,
hence I lose the effects of the good CW filtering.

Oh, well! Not the end of the world by any means. Just back to the
drawing board!

Thanks again!
73
Dave