Old October 5th 05, 05:06 PM
Matt

Default Unlicensed User?

This is one of the questions in the Technician question pool:

Q:If you let an unlicensed third party use your amateur station, what
must you do at your station's control point?

A: You must continuously monitor and supervise the third-party's
participation

How exactly does that work? How do you identify the person on the air, etc?
Old October 5th 05, 05:57 PM
Caveat Lector

Goes like this

CQ CQ CQ Queens New York K6XYZ calling CQ for Queens NY and listening

K6XYZ this is W1XYZ - Frank in Queens

Fine Business Frank handle here is Dusty in San Dimas. CA My girl friend
wants to talk to you third party about Queens

Very good Dusty Put her on

Hi Frank -- name here is Desiree -- I grew up on in Queens -- is Joe's Dew
Drop Inn still on main street ?

Sure is Desiree and Joe is still flipping burgers

Oh wow he is my Uncle haven't been back in a coons age

Back and forth yak yak until 10 minutes expire at which time - both Dusty
and Frank must identify with their callsigns

Dusty would be advised to ID as K6XYZ with third party traffic

All the time Dusty is monitoring for proper operation. It is OK for Desiree
to push the PTT after being instructed as to its use. If Desiree is
timid --- Dusty can do the PTTing

Desiree thought this was so cool -- she studied and got her own license --
now KI6FOX (;-)

Be aware that the USA only has third party agreements with certain
countries -- see URL:
http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/reg.../3rdparty.html
--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

"Matt" wrote in message
This is one of the questions in the Technician question pool:

Q:If you let an unlicensed third party use your amateur station, what must
you do at your station's control point?

A: You must continuously monitor and supervise the third-party's

Old October 5th 05, 11:18 PM
Dee Flint

"Matt" wrote in message
This is one of the questions in the Technician question pool:

Q:If you let an unlicensed third party use your amateur station, what
must you do at your station's control point?

A: You must continuously monitor and supervise the third-party's
participation

How exactly does that work? How do you identify the person on the air,
etc?

Just to expand a bit on that, the control operator must be where he/she can
immediately take action if any problems arise. Basically standing/sitting
right there to grab the mike or hit the off switch or whatever if need be.
Say the radio goes bad and is stuck in transmit, the control operator needs
to be where he/she can correct it.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old October 5th 05, 11:42 PM
Caveat Lector

"Matt" wrote in message
This is one of the questions in the Technician question pool:

Q:If you let an unlicensed third party use your amateur station, what
must you do at your station's control point?

A: You must continuously monitor and supervise the third-party's
participation

How exactly does that work? How do you identify the person on the air,
etc?

Just to expand a bit on that, the control operator must be where he/she
can immediately take action if any problems arise. Basically
standing/sitting right there to grab the mike or hit the off switch or
whatever if need be. Say the radio goes bad and is stuck in transmit, the
control operator needs to be where he/she can correct it.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Indeed good point also gag her if she/he swears (;-)

Old October 6th 05, 12:28 AM
Dee Flint

"Matt" wrote in message
This is one of the questions in the Technician question pool:

Q:If you let an unlicensed third party use your amateur station, what
must you do at your station's control point?

A: You must continuously monitor and supervise the third-party's
participation

How exactly does that work? How do you identify the person on the air,
etc?

Just to expand a bit on that, the control operator must be where he/she
can immediately take action if any problems arise. Basically
standing/sitting right there to grab the mike or hit the off switch or
whatever if need be. Say the radio goes bad and is stuck in transmit, the
control operator needs to be where he/she can correct it.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Indeed good point also gag her if she/he swears (;-)

The off button works nicely for that too!

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old October 6th 05, 04:46 AM
RST Engineering

150 lines of quote for a rather insipid comment?

Jim

Indeed good point also gag her if she/he swears (;-)

Old October 6th 05, 04:49 AM
RST Engineering

So does "snip" if you'd learn how to use it.

Jim

Old October 6th 05, 05:58 AM
an old friend

RST Engineering wrote:
So does "snip" if you'd learn how to use it.

good luck at teaching anyone to use the feature indeed many of the
folks will accuse anyone that dare to snip posts down after awhile as
praticing "censorship"

Jim

Old October 6th 05, 11:15 AM
Dee Flint

"RST Engineering" wrote in message
Aw, c'mon Dee. I respect your point of view, but PLEASE LEARN HOW TO
SNIP.

Jim

Normally I'm the one that does do the snipping. In this case, it seemed
more appropriate to leave the posts intact.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE