Old October 29th 05, 02:41 AM
GeorgeF

Default Procedure for reporting Interference from electronic devices?

Been getting a strong datasignal (about 3KHz wide) on 144.277 MHz. I've
been able to locate the house from which the signal is coming from,
located about 700' from my home.

The people living in that home are not hams, I'm assuming its a spur,
birdie or some type of sig being generated by a router, computer or
something like that.

Two reasons this worries me:

1) 144.277 MHz is the freq of a new 2 meter propagation beacon located
60 miles south of me, this local interference makes sig-strength
measurements of the beacon difficult.

2) I want to nip-this-in-the-bud before some interfering sig starts to
show up on 144.200 MHz (SSB Calling freq) as 2 meter SSB is very active
around here....

What 'channels' must I go through to have this problem looked into? FCC?
ARRL? Knocking on the peoples door will probably be meet with
resistance as this is the type of neighborhood where most of the
neighbors are pretty well 'stuckup' and NO one, repeat No ONE speaks to
their neighbors (so called high class thing I think).....

George - KI4FIA - Near Daytona Beach, FL
Old October 30th 05, 02:22 AM

George, It may well be coming from a power company pole mounted
wireless scada system. Lots of these are in use. These thing put out
enough broadband power to jam a car radio when passing by.

Harry C.

Old October 30th 05, 04:15 AM
Dr.Ace

George ,
I noticed my digital answering machine transmittes a signal near the
bottom of the 2 meter band.

FYI

Amateur radio complaints should be as specific as possible, citing dates,
times, and frequencies on which alleged violations occurred. Complaints
should also include a name and telephone number where the complainant can be
reached for further details, if necessary. Complaints should be sent via
e-mail to or by mail to the address below. Parties are
encouraged to send tape recordings in support of their complaints.
Recordings should be mailed to: Federal Communications Commission,
Enforcement Bureau, Amateur Radio, 1270 Fairfield Road, Gettysburg, PA
17325. Parties desiring further information may call: (717) 338-2502.

Joseph Casey, Chief
Ricardo Durham, Deputy Chief
Kathryn Berthot, Deputy Chief
Brian Butler, Assistant Chief
Tom Spavins, Assistant Chief - Economics
Riley Hollingsworth, Special Counsel
Norman Goldstein, Special Counsel

Ace - WH2T

ink.net...