Old January 8th 06, 02:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
Danny

Default Wireless Headset

I am looking for a way to substitute a wireless headset for a
Maxon ca-1481 headset.
I am a dispatcher for a taxi company. Because people are clumsy and
because these headsets are not that tough we seem to go through quite a
few of them. The headsets seem cheap enough but since I work nights
there is never a spare around or anyone to get me one when it goes bad.
I recently aquired a bluetooth headset for my cell phone and it got me
to thinking that there should be a simple wireless solution to this.
We have a mounting box with the electronics and push to talk
mounted to the desk that I work at.
The connections are 2.5mm and 3.5m just like the headset. All I need is
a way to connect a wireless system that is continuously transmitting
like a cordless office phone or bluetooth headset.
I have considered running all audio through my laptop/bluetooth
adapter in conjunction with the my bluetooth headset. But I think there
should be a simpler way.
Any thoughts? Anyone?
Danny

Old January 9th 06, 02:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc

"Danny" wrote:

Maxon ca-1481 headset

For $8.50 you can't expect much.
Check Google "2 way radio headset"