Old March 5th 06, 09:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
bob

Default Practice morse code

Does anyone here know of a program that you can use to practice sending
morse code messages? All the sites that I have gone to that covers
learning morse code only have recordings of morse code.

Old March 5th 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
CLFE

"bob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone here know of a program that you can use to practice sending
morse code messages? All the sites that I have gone to that covers
learning morse code only have recordings of morse code.

WWW.QRZ.COM

There are some programs there you may be able to download to practice. I
believe most if not all "send it to you - randomly - some may even allow you
to type a message to be sent back to you at whatever speed you want -
usually settings of 5/10/13/20 and up........ though only 5WPM is the top
speed needed now.

Old March 6th 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
Slow Code

"CLFE" wrote in
:

"bob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone here know of a program that you can use to practice sending
morse code messages? All the sites that I have gone to that covers
learning morse code only have recordings of morse code.

WWW.QRZ.COM

There are some programs there you may be able to download to practice. I
believe most if not all "send it to you - randomly - some may even allow
you to type a message to be sent back to you at whatever speed you want
- usually settings of 5/10/13/20 and up........ though only 5WPM is the
top speed needed now.

And if you test with W5YI you might only need to learn it to one or two
words per minute.

SC
Old March 6th 06, 06:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
CLFE

"Slow Code" wrote in message
nk.net...
"CLFE" wrote in
:

"bob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone here know of a program that you can use to practice sending
morse code messages? All the sites that I have gone to that covers
learning morse code only have recordings of morse code.

WWW.QRZ.COM

There are some programs there you may be able to download to practice. I
believe most if not all "send it to you - randomly - some may even allow
you to type a message to be sent back to you at whatever speed you want
- usually settings of 5/10/13/20 and up........ though only 5WPM is the
top speed needed now.

And if you test with W5YI you might only need to learn it to one or two
words per minute.

SC

I don't know about that. I use W5YI and the tapes I use do come out to 5
WPM. Don't shoot yourself in the foot with overconfidence. I've seen (heard)
people say no problem - only to bomb a test. Needless to say - they get
embarassed.

Old March 6th 06, 08:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
type name here

"CLFE" wrote in
:

"Slow Code" wrote in message
nk.net...
"CLFE" wrote in
:

"bob" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I was just making fun. ARRL ve's like joke about W5YI a lot.

sc

Old March 7th 06, 12:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
CLFE

"type name here" wrote in message
ink.net...
"CLFE" wrote in
:

"Slow Code" wrote in message
nk.net...
"CLFE" wrote in
:

"bob" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Oh, OK...........

Old March 7th 06, 02:43 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
Caveat Lector

Sending Morse code is not the way to learn the code, recieving is
Lots of practice morse programs -- some with sending

See URL:
http://ac6v.com/morseprograms.htm

Dozens and dozens there --- many free

--