Old May 17th 06, 04:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
Not Cocksucker Lloyd

Default ARRL members, I need your help. Friggen low-life scum.

You are the one posting filth, beer enema boy!

Old May 17th 06, 05:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
an old freind

Not Cocksucker Lloyd wrote:
You are the one posting filth, beer enema boy!

nope

get help wismen

Old May 18th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
Yoyoyo

Why would anyone want to belong to the ARRL. All they care about is your
doe. Save the doe for dinner...

"N9OGL" wrote in message
ups.com...
Why??? Morse Code does not make you a better radio operator, On air
experiance does. This idea that morse code makes you a better operatror
is nothing more then a myth.

Todd N9OGL
General Class Operator

Old May 18th 06, 01:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
Not Cocksucker Lloyd

assraped by an old freind wrote:
Not Cocksucker Lloyd wrote:
You are the one posting filth, beer enema boy!

nope

Yep.

Old May 23rd 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Steve N.

Slow,
It's is a shame you have to:

1- talk like this and
2- have so little respect for others and
3- have no ability to rationally discuss prows and cons complex issues and
4- have a poor understanding of what makes a good ham and
5- have so little understanding some real-world practical aspects of this
issue and most importantly...
6- show such poor ham characteristics.
7- and probably have so little real knowledge of ham radio, is my guess.
and
8- be a troll

If you're also a 20 WPM extra, then we can easily do without your immature
attitudes and behaviors here and on the bands.

Hey guys! it is also a shame you get drawn into these types and feed their
small minds.

73, Steve, K9DCI
Please carefully note the date of my Extra when you check QRZ.

[[.swap post omitted]]

"Slow Code" wrote in message
nk.net...
Bert Hyman wrote in
:

(Travis Jordan) wrote in
:

Slow Code wrote:
No more automatic renewals. Individuals must retest and pass all
elements required for their license class.

This sounds like a great way to kill off amateur radio.

Sounds more like a proposal from somebody who runs a VE service.

I just knew none of you rotton scum would help. You Gotta have your free
handouts don't you. ARRL pampered you well. I'll bet you all pay for your
food with food stamps and talk on CB all day long from government assisted
project housing.

Assholes.

Old May 24th 06, 12:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Bert Hyman

In "Steve N."
wrote:

Hey guys! it is also a shame you get drawn into these types and feed
their small minds.

Well, the thread was dead a week ago and it's a shame you had to start
it up again.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old May 24th 06, 12:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
an_old_friend

Bert Hyman wrote:
In "Steve N."
wrote:

Hey guys! it is also a shame you get drawn into these types and feed
their small minds.

Well, the thread was dead a week ago and it's a shame you had to start
it up again.

OTOH it does beat most of the thread that get tajken by wsimen rantig
and raving and foaming at the mouth

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

Old May 24th 06, 06:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
Slow Code

"Steve N." wrote in
:

Slow,
It's is a shame you have to:

1- talk like this and
2- have so little respect for others and
3- have no ability to rationally discuss prows and cons complex issues
and 4- have a poor understanding of what makes a good ham and
5- have so little understanding some real-world practical aspects of
this issue and most importantly...
6- show such poor ham characteristics.
7- and probably have so little real knowledge of ham radio, is my guess.
and
8- be a troll

If you're also a 20 WPM extra, then we can easily do without your
immature attitudes and behaviors here and on the bands.

Hey guys! it is also a shame you get drawn into these types and feed
their small minds.

73, Steve, K9DCI

Yes, Yes, yes,
but what are your thoughts on the following:

No more automatic renewals. Individuals must retest and pass
all elements required for their license class.

The passing score for written exams needs to be raised to 85%.

Code elements should be 13 wpm for General, and 20 wpm for Extra.

Make the no-code Tech license one year non-renewable.

sc

Old May 24th 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
an old freind

Slow Code wrote:
"Steve N." wrote in
:

[...]

but he aswer that in in 3 and 4 and 5

Old May 24th 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
Dave Platt

In article . net,
Slow Code wrote:

Yes, Yes, yes,
but what are your thoughts on the following:

Meta-comment: I think that if all of the ideas you propose were
actually enacted into regulation, and then ten years were go by, the
United States Amateur Radio Service would be unlikely to have more
than 1/4 of the number of licencees that it has today.

That's great if you want to create a "private club" for a few years
after that.

However, it's lousy if you want there to actually *be* an Amateur
Radio Service twenty or thirty years from now. With so few licensees
and as little activity as I think there'd be after such a decimation,
the odds are good that a lot of the U.S. amateur radio bands would be
"re-purposed" for other spectrum users.

No more automatic renewals. Individuals must retest and pass
all elements required for their license class.

Unlikely to pass, due to the cost and bureaucratic overhead.

I'd guess that at least a third of current licensees coming up for
renewal would decide not to bother, and let their licenses lapse (and
that's in addition to the rate of non-renewal which takes place today).

The passing score for written exams needs to be raised to 85%.

I'd have no real objection to this. Dunno if it's a good idea or a
bad idea.

Code elements should be 13 wpm for General, and 20 wpm for Extra.

This will never happen, for two major reasons:

[1] CW is no longer an international treaty requirement AT ALL.
The results of the WARC conferences made it clear that the
international community considers CW a useful mode, and a big
part of amateur tradition, but that it's no longer in sufficient
use in military/commercial applications to justify making it
a legal requirement for amateur HF licensing.

[2] The FCC has made it quite clear (in their responses to the
numerous petitions filed about [1]) that they no longer consider
it in the public interest to require CW proficiency for an
HF license. They are proposing to remove the CW requirement
entirely.

In its filings, the ARRL has proposed retaining the existing 5 WPM
requirement for Amateur Extra. The FCC's response adds up to "No.
Not justified. No CW requirement at all."

My understanding is that the ARRL's comments received from their
membership, and the comments received directly by the FCC in response
to the various petitions, are pretty consistent. Only a small
percentage of the people who have commented, feel as you do. Most
commenters either want to eliminate the CW requirement entirely (as
many other countries have done), or eliminate it for General and
retain it for Extra.

What you propose is also unlikely to happen because the FCC and ARRL
both remember what happened the last time they tried tightening the
rules and raising the requirements and trying to force people to
upgrade. My understanding (from reading - I wasn't licensed back
then) is that the Powers That Be concluded that this sort of incentive
licensing pressure created more resentment, and did more damage to the
health of the amateur radio community, than whatever benefits came
from it justified.

I've read statements from the FCC, over the past few years, to the
effect that they're just not interested in taking operating privileges
away from anyone.

Make the no-code Tech license one year non-renewable.

Once again, I think that the number of licensees that the Amateur
Radio Service would lose (or would never get in the first place, once
people learned of the non-renewable status) would outweigh the
possible advantage of this approach (giving licensees more of an
inducement to increase their level of knowledge, and upgrade).

--
Dave Platt AE6EO

AMATEUR RADIO VOLUNTEERS FILLING COMMUNICATION GAPS IN GULF REGIONfrom today's ARRL Letter Dave Heil Policy 0 September 10th 05 03:57 AM
List of Scanner Groups zerg90 Scanner 0 July 22nd 05 09:31 PM
Open Letter to K1MAN [email protected] Policy 13 April 15th 05 07:43 PM
Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #697 Tedd Mirgliotta General 0 February 13th 05 07:34 PM
ARRL's Incoming QSL Burro Screwing NON ARRL members! NIW Policy 0 March 23rd 04 10:29 PM