Old July 17th 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave

Default OT: Outsourcing

jawod wrote:
Slow Code wrote:
"RHF" wrote in
ups.com:

JB - Spoken like a True Red and White
{Blue-in-the-Face} Canadian ~ RHF
.
.
. .

Kanadians are more Red... Commie Red.

slow code is lo-co

yea he canada arabs jews it seems, Ham radio, republicans and democrats

anybody he doesn't hate

Old July 17th 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) : Democrat's Out-Sourcing "Hate America" To Canada !

J. D. B. wrote:
Sorry John, do some reading for once as that is the reality of the
Canadian system. You'll actually learn something if you do research
yourself and not just listen to NPR and CNN.

Now, on the other hand, if you live in the U.K., you'll still have
healthcare through the end of the year, but if you are too old, they
just let you die as it is not worth the expenditure to keep someone old
alive even longer. But again, hey, your estate gets to keep the money!

Come on, this isn't really John now is it? Hillary Clinton, is that you?

John Barnard wrote:

You are one delusional mofo! Lay off the Bush sauce and you'll be able
to handle reality.

JB

Oh Brother!
Reality check time: Why don't YOU read a bit about Medicare D?
Aging baby boomers are about to be screwed in ways they couldn't even
imagine.

Insurance companies entirely control Congressional debate and actually
write the rules. Most of Congress doesn't even READ what they're
signing on to.

O'Reilly, is that you?
Old July 17th 06, 03:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Elimination of CW is a loss in the number of ways we can communicatewithother.

dxAce wrote:

Smokey wrote:

If you want easy...and most of the CW whiners do...why don't you just hook
your laptop up to your DSL line and stay the hell off the air?

Jeez, you've got a pathetic joke for an exam now with canned questions to
memorize and no code to learn. Too bad you're not still in your mother's
womb so you don't have to feed yourselves. Though you have deluded
yourselves into believing you are "hams," you are hardly believable when you
wear that title. The only reason you have been able to slip through into the
dumbed-down requirements and some sort of fcc "license" sham is because your
appliance manufacturers that make your rigs and the charlatans like the arrl
are selling out the hobby so they can sell you things.

It's ALL ABOUT THE MONEY and you no-coder idiots have fallen for it.

As for traditional, genuine "hams, we may be from the "Stone Age," but once
the dinosauers became extinct the pristine landscape took on pollution and
overcrowding. You simpletons have all drank the Kool-Aid and cannot see that
you are parties to the eventual elimination of ham radio.

Thank God for "stone age hams," for at least there is someone still around
that knows something about the avocation.

Amen.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

"J. D. B." wrote in message

John,

Just get on digital modes. Don't worry about CW. Digital is where the
fun is and the copy is much better.

A buddy of mine in St. Louis and I experimented with low power and
various digital modes last night on 40 meters. CW was marginal. The
best was DominoEX with FEC - just about 100% all the time and it also
has a second channel to display additional information.

CW can be fun at times, but maybe it's not your thing. Let the
stone-age hams continue with CW, and move up and on to the digital modes.

MultiPSK, while a bit cluttered and ugly, is a great program you can
use. MixW is cleaner looking and very good, but not as many
capabilities in the program.

Move on and start having fun.

JDB

JOHN D wrote:

I got nothing against CW, but being kept out of amateur radio for 40+

years

cus I had difficulty learning the code, sucks.
Finally, I got enough right to barely pass the 5 wpm test. Still can't

find

anybody slow enough for me to copy on the air.
If I ever get good enough to use it, I'll try a few homebrew transmitter
projects.

I expect there are some technically competent people who might be

interested

in amateur radio, but have no interest in learning code.
John

Lighten up. There's room for everyone. I love CW but I have no
illusions about it's ultimate capabilities. It's just FUN!
Looking forward to experimenting with digital, too. I'd do more SSB if
only I knew what to say. hihi

John
AB8WH
Old July 18th 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave

"J. D. B." wrote in
:

Sorry Blow Code, but you cannot turn back the hands of time. The 13 & 20
WPM tests are gone forever. And soon, the CW testing requirement will
be eliminated completely. It's the will of the majority. It's
evolution. You can whine, cry and carry on all you want about the CW
testing requirement. It is going the way of the buggy whip, the Ford
Model-T, dinosaurs, the carrier pigeons, and a host of other old,
outdated, and unnecessary things of the past. Good Bye and Good
Riddance.

Spoken like a true appliance operator.

If there is any crying and whining after CW is gone, it will be by phonies
wondering why their bands sound like CB.

SC
Old July 18th 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave

jawod wrote in :

Slow Code wrote:
"RHF" wrote in
ups.com:

JB - Spoken like a True Red and White
{Blue-in-the-Face} Canadian ~ RHF
.
.
. .

Kanadians are more Red... Commie Red.

slow code is lo-co

LOL, Good one jawod. Did you come up with that all by yourself
or did you have to copy & paste one of Markie's spelling mistakes.

SC

Old July 18th 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave

Slow Code wrote:
jawod wrote in :
slow code is lo-co

LOL, Good one jawod. Did you come up with that all by yourself
or did you have to copy & paste one of Markie's spelling mistakes.

you are loco

SC

Old July 18th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
get help sicko
PKB, retard.

althought I was temted to recyve your own there just this once wismen

Old August 2nd 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave

In article TY1Ag.303358$iF6.152609@pd7tw2no,
Paul Hinman wrote:

J. D. B. wrote:

Well at least your estate will get to keep your life savings. If you
get sick late in the year, and the healthcare facility/hospital shut
down for the rest of the year because it ran out of government money
(a typical scenario in Canada), there will be no one to give you any
care and you'll just die. But hey, your life savings will still be
intact! Is socialized health care great or what?

- At least in Canada you get to keep
- your life savings if you get sick.

I am a Canadian with serious chronic health problems and I have much
more experience with the health system than I would like to have, I
have come close being a silent key several times, I am sure that there
are some who feel that is too bad that I was allowed to breed before my
medical problems became obvious. In the minds of some I suppose that I
have peed in the genetic pool.

I have never heard of a Canadian hospital shutting down because the
money did not last until fiscal year end. While there are some
weaknesses in our system such as delays in elective procedures but when
the sand was running out of the hour glass there was always a system to
help me out. Here everyone can get insured, there is an option to opt
out of medicare but who would?

Think of the overhead that American doctors face having to deal with
multiple insurance companies, each with different forms and procedures.
Think of the people who can't get medical insurance no matter what the
cost. Think of those who don't have because they can't afford it. And
then there are those who exercise their right not have it.

In a situation where people get treated but can't afford to pay, the
rates for everyone else must go up to compensate.

Canada is not perfect but it is a pretty nice place to live and we try
to contribute as best we can.

By the way, if I were an American I would vote republican but I am not a
single issue voter so don't construe that to mean that I from the far
right wing. Consider me a fiscal conservative with a social conscience.

Interestingly, my wife is also a Canadian, she moved down here to the US
just before we got married. She worked only part time in Canada.
Aparantly, the health care is NOT universal, as many meds she needed she
had to pay for out of her own pocket, and had to wait months for an MRI
(She just had one here on one weeks notice). Yup, there are issues here
too, but the Canadian system is far from perfect either.
Old August 3rd 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave

Paul Hinman wrote:

J. D. B. wrote:

[...]

There are delays I will admit that. Universal means that everyone can
participate it, it does not mean that it covers everything. I also have
private insurance to cover drugs, dentistry, the surcharge for private
hosptital rooms etc. I guess that I got really ticked off when the guy
said that hospitals routinely close because they run out of money, that
was bull and it really ticked me off. Please excuse my sensitivity.

Paul

--
Paul S. Hinman - VE6LDS
long West 113 deg 27 min 20 sec