Old June 24th 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave
Cecil Moore

Default Elimination of CW is a loss in the number of ways we can communicatewithother.

gravity wrote:
and I can send sos with spark gap off a batery without knowing anymore
than that

your engineering skill is formidable.

I don't know much about spark. Was the length of the spark
controllable such that dots and dashes could be differentiated?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp
Old June 24th 06, 01:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave
gravity

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
om...
gravity wrote:
and I can send sos with spark gap off a batery without knowing anymore
than that

your engineering skill is formidable.

I don't know much about spark. Was the length of the spark
controllable such that dots and dashes could be differentiated?

click short pause clack = dit
click long pause clack = dah

i think it would be hard to decode vs listening to a modern receiver.

i believe spark gap would be useless in a rescue situation.

Gravity

Old June 24th 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave
an old freind

gravity wrote:
and I can send sos with spark gap off a batery without knowing anymore
than that

your engineering skill is formidable.

I don't know much about spark. Was the length of the spark
controllable such that dots and dashes could be differentiated?

click short pause clack = dit
click long pause clack = dah

i think it would be hard to decode vs listening to a modern receiver.

if all the was being sent was sos then it it should e hard and RDF
should pin it down soon enough

certainly more than geting to atrue CW rig up and running on some
desert Ilse

i believe spark gap would be useless in a rescue situation.

becuase yo want to belive it usless mostly I suspect

Gravity

Old June 25th 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave
Mike

In article .com,
"an old freind" wrote:

gravity wrote:
and I can send sos with spark gap off a batery without knowing anymore
than that

your engineering skill is formidable.

possibly it is certainly more valueble the the mereknowledge of Morse
code is without the level of engineering skill I have

BTW I note myone of my double majors was Physics and a phisists can

So you majored in Physics but you can't spell Physicist? Right!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Mike
Old June 25th 06, 03:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave
gravity

So you majored in Physics but you can't spell Physicist? Right!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Mike

i'd like to know his area of concentration. i was not in Physics, but
studied electromagnetism.

Gravity

Old June 25th 06, 03:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave
gravity

"Mike" wrote in message
In article .com,
"an old freind" wrote:

gravity wrote:
and I can send sos with spark gap off a batery without knowing

anymore
than that

your engineering skill is formidable.

possibly it is certainly more valueble the the mereknowledge of Morse
code is without the level of engineering skill I have

BTW I note myone of my double majors was Physics and a phisists can

So you majored in Physics but you can't spell Physicist? Right!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

at a minimum, he would know quantum mechanics, statistical mechanics,
special relativity, electromagnetics. if he was theoretical, he studied
quantum field theory and general relativity.

PC Technician Gravity

Old June 25th 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave
gravity

BTW I note myone of my double majors was Physics and a phisists can

the other major was underwater basketweaving?

Gravity

Old June 25th 06, 04:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave
an old friend

gravity wrote:
Typing and reading are visually based. So it makes sense that those are

code is NOT that different than a language. if you must, you can interpret
it as tones, and simply write out the tones on a piece of paper and decode
them.

which is espressly forbiden y the ARRL in code testing

and not allowed by most VE teams wether arrl or not, even as an ADA
acomodation

Gravity

Old June 25th 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave
an old friend

gravity wrote:
BTW I note myone of my double majors was Physics and a phisists can

the other major was underwater basketweaving?

history

Msater degrees In Geophysics and Byzatine studies, the sadly is the
degree I have found most uslefull over the years working with
sometimes for sometimes just around the Us govt

Gravity

Old June 25th 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave
gravity

Msater degrees In Geophysics and Byzatine studies, the sadly is the
degree I have found most uslefull over the years working with
sometimes for sometimes just around the Us govt

that's quite impressive, must have cost you $100,000.

you should not stoop to arguing with uneducated people.

Gravity