Old July 5th 06, 08:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default ARS License Numbers

wrote in
ups.com:

These are the numbers of current, unexpired
amateur radio licenses held by individuals
on the stated dates, and the percentage of
the total number of active licenses that
class contains:

As of May 14, 2000:

Novice - 49,329 (7.3%)
Technician - 205,394 (30.4%)
Technician Plus - 128,860 (19.1%)
General - 112,677 (16.7%)
Advanced - 99,782 (14.8%)
Extra - 78,750 (11.7%)

Total Tech/TechPlus - 334,254 (49.5%)

Total General/Advanced/Extra - 291,209 (43.2%)

Total all classes - 674,792

As of July 1, 2006:

Novice - 24,877 (3.8%) [decrease of 24,452]
Technician - 282,448 (42.9%) [increase of 77,054]
Technician Plus - 37,801 (5.7%) [decrease of 91,059]
General - 132,757 (20.2%) [increase of 20,080]
Advanced - 71,749 (10.9%) [decrease of 28,033]
Extra - 108,185 (16.4%) [increase of 29,435]

Total Tech/TechPlus - 320,049 (48.7%) [decrease of 14,205]

Total General/Advanced/Extra - 312,691 (47.5%) [increase of 21,482]

Total all classes - 657,817 (decrease of 16,975)

Note that these totals do not include licenses
that have expired but are in the grace period.

They also do not include club, military, RACES
or other station-only licenses.

Note also that effective April 15, 2000, new
Novice, Technician Plus and Advanced licenses
are no longer issued.

Since April 15, 2000, FCC has renewed all existing
Technician Plus licenses as Technician. It is therefore
informative to consider the totals of the two classes,
since the Technician class includes a significant
number of Technician Plus licenses renewed as
Technician.

73 de Jim, N2EY

They cheapened the license, now nobody decent wants to get one and the FCC
is still thinking of dumbing it down even more. Pretty soon it will be
just CB'ers, lids, and retards that get licensed because testing will get
dumbed down to the point even they can get an extra, then the rest of us
will have to listen to bands that sound like 11 meters.

Old July 6th 06, 04:33 AM posted to alt.cocksucker.roger-wiseman,alt.radio.scanner.flame_fest,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default why are you such a troll SC?

"an old friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

Slow Code wrote:
why is it you keep adding Ngs to threads?

Why do you feel anybody has to answer you, Mark?
You're a nobody. Nothing.

Old July 6th 06, 04:39 AM posted to alt.cocksucker.roger-wiseman,alt.radio.scanner.flame_fest,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Slow Code wrote:
why is it you keep adding Ngs to threads?

Why do you feel anybody has to answer you, Mark?

I don't feel anybody has to answer

OTOH SC would be will advised to answer is he could

You're a nobody. Nothing.

and yet you feel a need to reply to me, and those you don't reply to
most are replied to y some or other

Indeed if you truly thought I was nobody you would bother repling to me
your reply is proof you are lying
that and the efforts to forge my posts proves somebody thinks I am
important enough to merit such treatement

Old July 6th 06, 10:41 AM posted to alt.cocksucker.roger-wiseman,alt.radio.scanner.flame_fest,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

"an old freind" wrote in message
oups.com...

Slow Code wrote:
why is it you keep adding Ngs to threads?

Why do you feel anybody has to answer you, Mark?

I don't feel anybody has to answer

OTOH SC would be will advised to answer is he could

You're a nobody. Nothing.

and yet you feel a need to reply to me, and those you don't reply to
most are replied to y some or other

Indeed if you truly thought I was nobody you would bother repling to me
your reply is proof you are lying
that and the efforts to forge my posts proves somebody thinks I am
important enough to merit such treatement

One last time, Mark. You are a nobody. A nonentity.
You don't count.
plonk

Old July 6th 06, 10:57 AM posted to alt.cocksucker.roger-wiseman,alt.radio.scanner.flame_fest,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Jolly Roger wrote:
"an old friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

You're a nobody. Nothing.

and yet you feel a need to reply to me, and those you don't reply to
most are replied to y some or other

Indeed if you truly thought I was nobody you would bother repling to me
your reply is proof you are lying
that and the efforts to forge my posts proves somebody thinks I am
important enough to merit such treatement

One last time, Mark. You are a nobody. A nonentity.

and yet you feel a need to reply to me, and those you don't reply to
most are replied to y some or other

Indeed if you truly thought I was nobody you would bother repling to
me
your reply is proof you are lying
that and the efforts to forge my posts proves somebody thinks I am
important enough to merit such treatement
You don't count.

obviously I do
plonk

promises promieses

Old July 6th 06, 10:58 AM posted to alt.cocksucker.roger-wiseman,alt.radio.scanner.flame_fest,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Jolly Roger wrote:
"an old friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

You're a nobody. Nothing.

and yet you feel a need to reply to me, and those you don't reply to
most are replied to y some or other

Indeed if you truly thought I was nobody you would bother repling to me
your reply is proof you are lying
that and the efforts to forge my posts proves somebody thinks I am
important enough to merit such treatement

One last time, Mark. You are a nobody. A nonentity.

and yet you feel a need to reply to me, and those you don't reply to
most are replied to y some or other

Indeed if you truly thought I was nobody you would bother repling to
me
your reply is proof you are lying
that and the efforts to forge my posts proves somebody thinks I am
important enough to merit such treatement

you have only forgered 4 posts from me this very night
You don't count.

obviously I do
plonk

promises promieses

Old July 6th 06, 02:06 PM posted to alt.cocksucker.geno-paris,rec.radio.amateur.misc,alt.radio.scanner.flame_fest,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default get help sicko

Not Cocksucker Lloyd wrote:

get help sicko

Old July 9th 06, 12:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Bzzzzzttt....wrong. The problem is the old farts fought changes for so
long that the population got interested in other things like computers
and Internet. I mean who the heck wants to learn old, outdated code in
an Internet world. It's not "dumbing down" it's antiquated and not
needed. Sure it's fun if you want to learn it, but why force people to
learn something that is just not necessary? It's not. The change away
from code should have been made 20 years ago.

Actually, you apparently don't even listen to 11 meters because if you
did, you would hear a very quiet band. They've left for the Internet
and cell phones.

I don't know where you come up with this stuff you have been spewing out
lately, but you are grossly out of touch with reality.

There's nothing wrong with appliance operators. Let people communicate
and communicate easily. This is the age of easy to use radios. Radios
with silicon and not old, big, hot glass tubes. The world always changes
and you have to learn to change with it.

So give up your buggy whip, get down from your horse, and learn to drive
a car. We're not going to test you on animal husbandry as it applies to
horses in order for you to get a license to drive a modern car. It's
not dumbing down, it's just evolution.

Old July 9th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

J. D. B. wrote:
"Bzzzzzttt....wrong. The problem is the old farts fought changes for
so
long that the population got interested in other things like computers

and Internet. I mean who the heck wants to learn old, outdated code in

an Internet world. It's not "dumbing down" it's antiquated and not
needed. Sure it's fun if you want to learn it, but why force people to

learn something that is just not necessary? It's not. The change away

from code should have been made 20 years ago."
indeed well said

" Actually, you apparently don't even listen to 11 meters because if
you
did, you would hear a very quiet band. They've left for the Internet
and cell phones."
indeed they have and that is the fate he truly seem to WANT for the ARS
silence and it demise if he can't have it HIS way