Old July 24th 06, 12:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default Looking for 1960's callbook

After a lapse of inactivity of almost 40 years, I want to revive my
participation in amateur radio.

I'm planning to take the tech exam soon but have discovered that
If I can prove that I had a technician license, I can get credit for
the code test and enhanced theory. In essence, finding that
proof will get me a general for a technician test.

My problem is that I discovered that BCPI, the archiver for the FCC
has no 1960s liscense archives. THey were reduced to microfiche
an later lost in a flood!!! Some archive.

Anyway, my old callsign was WB2VWZ. I got my tech during college
(1962 - 1966) and I lived in Staten Island, NY.

If anyone has an old callbook, I may be able to use a copy of a page
from it.

Please let me know.

Paul

Old July 25th 06, 10:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc

wrote in message
ups.com...
After a lapse of inactivity of almost 40 years, I want to revive my
participation in amateur radio.

I'm planning to take the tech exam soon but have discovered that
If I can prove that I had a technician license, I can get credit for
the code test and enhanced theory. In essence, finding that
proof will get me a general for a technician test.

My problem is that I discovered that BCPI, the archiver for the FCC
has no 1960s liscense archives. THey were reduced to microfiche
an later lost in a flood!!! Some archive.

Anyway, my old callsign was WB2VWZ. I got my tech during college
(1962 - 1966) and I lived in Staten Island, NY.

If anyone has an old callbook, I may be able to use a copy of a page
from it.

Please let me know.

Paul

Contact the W5YI group , they have old callbooks.
Ace - WH2T

Old July 27th 06, 03:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc

Dr.Ace wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

I did! They had what I needed! I got a 2nd day UPS envelope, today,
with a page from the Summer, 1968 Callbook Magazine with my name and
license!

Wahoo!