Old August 18th 04, 06:31 AM
Michael Herron

Default Anyone have a 1982 or 83 (or close) callbook?

Does anyone have an 1982 + or - old callbook that can look up a couple calls
for me?
Just need last name and state of the licensed party. Going through old logs
for 5bwas here.
Only found a few I might be able to use according to QRZ.com. I just want to
confirm it is the same person licensed back then as now what with vanity
calls and all. Any assistance much appreciated. the calls are;
K4CNW
W1BIS
KA4FBS
KA1PL
N4BUJ

---

Old August 18th 04, 01:10 PM
whoever

I can't find my old books but all these calls are not vanity calls
K4CNW
W1BIS
KA4FBS
KA1PL
N4BUJ

If you click the detailed info link on QRZ,
Codes: HVI = Ham Radio Vanity - Individual
Codes: HAI = Ham Radio - Individual

http://www.qrz.com/i/codes.html

I would think that the address and names listed are good now for those
calls in 1982.
Good Luck
Harry

Old August 19th 04, 12:47 PM
whoever

Well if the guy from 1982 had a vanity call now, wouldn't his old call
if licensed to somebody else now be a vanity call?

Old August 19th 04, 06:49 PM
Steve Nosko

Continuing on the digression: NO. I have the call originally assigned
randomly by the FCC--before vanity came along---go downtown, take test,
wait, get paper in mail, read call sign on paper, operate---, but there was
a previous owner.

If we "digress" when we go off topic, do we "gress" when we go back on?

Gress...

Besides...What does that have to do with finding out who owned the calls way
back then ??

73, one very gruntled fella, Steve K9DCI

Old August 20th 04, 03:33 AM
whoever

Well Steave, you may well be correct. I haven't been around ham radio as
long as you have, but I don't remember calls being reissued in the 80's,
I'm also not sure they weren't reissued?
To answer your question "What does that have to do with finding out
who owned the calls way back then ??" If the calls weren't reissued,
then the holders today would have been the holders way back then.
Thanks for your time.
Whoever