Old September 18th 06, 04:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default K5JHF Morse Code Device, 3.2/3.3

Does anyone have experience with this portable Morse training device, or
others like it?

It's depicted he
http://home.austin.rr.com/jfisher2/MCD.htm
K5JHF told me that no inventory remains and he does not plan to make any
more. I am curious about how useful it proved to be for gaining and
improving Morse proficiency.

Portability seems like an advantage, enabling the device to be used while
driving, exercising, etc.

Tom, N3IJ

Old September 18th 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Rex Rex is offline

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 23:32:06 -0400, "Tom Coates"
wrote:

Does anyone have experience with this portable Morse training device, or
others like it?

It's depicted he
http://home.austin.rr.com/jfisher2/MCD.htm
K5JHF told me that no inventory remains and he does not plan to make any
more. I am curious about how useful it proved to be for gaining and
improving Morse proficiency.

Portability seems like an advantage, enabling the device to be used while
driving, exercising, etc.

Tom, N3IJ

You can check out my free program:
http://www.xertech.net/Projects/CPwin.html

or scroll down the page to a set of zipped pre-recorded mp3 files.

I wrote it so I could record sessions and practice with a cheap personal
audio player. Key feature is audio voice prompt of what was sent in cw.
I think the idea works, but I need to keep at it myself. I never seem to
keep at it long enough to improve.

-Rex, KK6MK

Old September 18th 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

You can check out my free program:
http://www.xertech.net/Projects/CPwin.html

or scroll down the page to a set of zipped pre-recorded mp3 files.

I wrote it so I could record sessions and practice with a cheap personal
audio player. Key feature is audio voice prompt of what was sent in cw.
I think the idea works, but I need to keep at it myself. I never seem to
keep at it long enough to improve.

-Rex, KK6MK

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Rex , Thanks for making this prog. freely available , it works very
well. Congrats.
The large character display & voice feedback is excellent for visually
impaired users.

I have passed the prog on to other hams.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH north of Scotland UK

Old September 19th 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Rex Rex is offline

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 22:12:57 +0100, Highland Ham
wrote:

Rex , Thanks for making this prog. freely available , it works very
well. Congrats.
The large character display & voice feedback is excellent for visually
impaired users.

I have passed the prog on to other hams.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH north of Scotland UK

You are quite welcome. There are links on my page to other programs and
information that I found really good too.

-Rex, KK6MK