Old March 13th 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design

Default VCXO frequency isn't high enough

Try going smaller than 10 pF (you can put a 10 pF fixed capacitor in series
with the trimmer).

Old March 14th 07, 09:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design

Charles Schuler wrote:
Try going smaller than 10 pF (you can put a 10 pF fixed capacitor in
series with the trimmer).

I did this and it will go slightly higher in frequency, but it gets a tad
unstable (could be the counter too, I wish my new scope would get here). I
guess I'm at the limits of that particular crystal.

Old March 14th 07, 09:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 04:58:52 -0500, Anthony Fremont wrote:

I guess I'm at the limits of that particular crystal.

I think you are getting close to the limits :-) You might get a
few Hz more by reducing the value of the 2 100pF capacitors. Try
another crystal or a ceramic resonator.

73, Ed. EI9GQ.

--
Linux 2.6.18
Remove 'X' to reply by E-Mail

High Frequency Propagation Models [email protected] Shortwave 0 January 19th 06 02:40 PM
Get High Burr Shortwave 0 May 15th 05 05:37 AM
Production of High frequency Crystals. Pankaj Trivedi Homebrew 2 December 15th 04 01:40 AM
Channel-based AM tube tuner (was Designs for a single frequency high performance AM-MW receiver?) Jon Noring Shortwave 103 June 30th 04 07:13 PM
Wanted- Used Motorola UHF JT1000 High Split (470-520mhz), & a used Syntor X-9000 UHF High-Split Joe11426 Swap 0 November 5th 03 05:12 AM