Old August 2nd 07, 05:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Off topic .. what's the best reception portable am/fm for Camping...

rec.radio.shortwave would be a good newsgroup. Anyway, try to find a GE
Superradio II. Better than the III

Pete

"noname" wrote in message

"Arv-K7HKL" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 30 Jul, 15:32, "noname" wrote:
come on guys,.... someone must know a good and cheap radio to
recommand....... Please...

Stef.

"noname" wrote in message

... Hi. I'm sorry if this
is off topic here but I thought some of you would
know.

I'm looking for a small portable battery operated AM/FM radio to bring
with me on hunting/fishing trips, so I guess what I'm looking for is
radios with a strong receiver to catch as many station as possible.
I'm
not looking for better sound, just a basic radio I know any radio
won't
work if you are too far away, but that won't be my case. with the
radio I
have now , I can catch like 1 FM station whenb weather permits, and 4
or 5
AM stations,... I would like to increase these numbers as much as
possible..

Can you recommend a good brand/model please?

regards
stef, Montreal, Canada.

Stef in Montreal

This is the Amateur Radio "Homebrewing" focus group. So to bring your
request a bit more "on-topic", why not design and build your own radio
equipment? Think of the fun and sense of satisfaction you could get
from using a radio set that you have designed and built. It's
easy...we do it all the time.

Arv - K7HKL

to Arv - K7HKL , thank you for your suggestion. Right now I can't really
commit on building/studying a radio. But thank you very much for being
kind, willing to help, and for your Proactive attitude.

And please people, may this tread die right now so no one else (not
including you sir) get irritated by my diabolic mistake ..

Regards

Stef.